Corner-flow front panel HELP

ridgeburyreefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
07C0ECBD-00C8-4449-9402-FF36805B59BF.jpeg
0D8051EC-CBD2-4FD0-87DF-8873DC03A2F7.jpeg

I just purchased this tank and setup, I believe it to be a marineland 90 gallon corner-flo. There should be a front panel on the overflow, it was removed for some reason by the previous owner. Does this panel serve a legitimate use? Has anyone had any luck on finding a replacement; I have scoured the internet looking with no luck!

Ron Reefman

Lets Go Snorkeling!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If water can get through the wall into the overflow because that panel is missing, it's a big issue. If not, then you are just missing the teeth at the point where the water flows over the wall.

Brett S

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That panel serves two functions. It has some vents at the bottom of the panel that allow water from the bottom level of the tank to enter and travel up thought a channel between the panel and the overflow that you see there. Without it water will only enter the overflow from surface level. Theoretically having the panel could help circulate the water a little better, but I’m not sure it’s absolutely necessary. Not all tanks have that sort of thing anyway.

It also has the teeth for the overflow. Without the teeth it would be much easier for a wayward fish or snail or starfish or something to enter the overflow. I believe that it would also raise the level of the overflow by at least a little, so your water level will probably be 1/4 or 1/2 of an inch lower than it would be if you had the panel.

It does provide some benefits, but It’s not absolutely necessary for the overflow to function. I think the lack of teeth would be your biggest concern, but you might be able to use something else to prevent things from entering the overflow.

OP
OP
ridgeburyreefer

ridgeburyreefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’ve contacted the seller who is looking for the part in the basement, reached out on fb to a kind soul willing to ship me one, and finally heard back from marineland who said they’d send me one. Somewhere in the mix, I’m hoping to have one in my possession soon!
If I receive more than one I will surely be paying it forward!

Mwhitten

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
New to the whole overflow deal and biggest tank I've had, used to a 55. Got the 90 gallon setup with stand, canopy and 30 gallon sump,

Just grow it: Have you ever added CO2 to your reef tank?

• I currently use a CO2 with my reef tank.

Votes: 8 6.1%
  • I don’t currently use CO2 with my reef tank, but I have in the past.

Votes: 5 3.8%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 6 4.6%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 106 80.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 4.6%
Back