Corner tank aquascape

Duke x13

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello,

I'm setting up a reef tank. I'm not exactly sure what I plan on keeping in this tank, but It will definitely include torches, hammers, zoas and anything else i see that I like, i guess. I have a 120~ish gallon corner tank, that is in the shape of a diamond. i Just threw all this rock in while it is filling. I will be playing around with it some more. I wanted to get some input on how some experienced reefers would set it up. What would you do differently? Anything i should do to make maintenance easier? Is it too much rock for aesthetic purposes? i have about 130-150 pounds. My sump is very small due to space restrictions. I don't mind the amount but thought i/d ask. I'm not sure what i want to do with the smaller pieces on the bottom yet either. Any thoughts or recommendations would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

20191202_193415.jpg
20191202_193436.jpg

Flippers4pups

Fins up since 1993
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm a big proponent of keeping rockwork towards the center of a tank to allow flow around the aquascape.

Structures that allow for caves and hiding places for fish. Arches and caves also allow for flow through the rock work.

To keep the rocks from falling with setting, i use fiberglass rods. Driveway markers from a big box hardware store. Using a 1/4" masonry bit and drill holes into the rock and assemble them like puzzle pieces.

OP
OP
D

Duke x13

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm a big proponent of keeping rockwork towards the center of a tank to allow flow around the aquascape.

Structures that allow for caves and hiding places for fish. Arches and caves also allow for flow through the rock work.

To keep the rocks from falling with setting, i use fiberglass rods. Driveway markers from a big box hardware store. Using a 1/4" masonry bit and drill holes into the rock and assemble them like puzzle pieces.

Alright, i will definitely need to get creative to keep it from touch the walls. i think ill be able to do it though. Thank you for the advice.

Flippers4pups

Fins up since 1993
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Alright, i will definitely need to get creative to keep it from touch the walls. i think ill be able to do it though. Thank you for the advice.

Your welcome! Just better for detrius removal.

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 35 31.8%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 26 23.6%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 21 19.1%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 28 25.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back