Could PNS probio help with Dinos?

Lavey29

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Apparently it lives in a few places around the tank, and just beneath the sand-bed, could it compete with dinos?
I dose that stuff twice a week for the past 2 months. Whatever algae, dinos, cyano, etc... I had on the sand is gone. Hasn't done anything for my GHA but overall my tank is much cleaner. My filter sock stays clean over a week.

tharbin

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I dose that stuff twice a week for the past 2 months. Whatever algae, dinos, cyano, etc... I had on the sand is gone. Hasn't done anything for my GHA but overall my tank is much cleaner. My filter sock stays clean over a week.
Thank you for this. I have been wondering about PNS for a while now. I like what I read but nothing beats anecdotal evidence in my book. I'm looking at it more to add diversity (and help out-compete some cyano) in the tank. It is hard to get enough diversity without some live rock.

Lavey29

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thank you for this. I have been wondering about PNS for a while now. I like what I read but nothing beats anecdotal evidence in my book. I'm looking at it more to add diversity (and help out-compete some cyano) in the tank. It is hard to get enough diversity without some live rock.
Same here, my tank is only 11 months and I have resisted the urge to dump chemicals in preferring a more natural approach. I like that PNS is a natural bacteria supplement that doesn't need the fridge. I split the weekly dose into 2 smaller doses. I also just started using PNS yellowsnow coral food but can't comment on its effectiveness yet as I just started it.

Back