Coverage question! Orphek vs Radion

Davy Jones

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Long story short, I have an sps tank 48x36x19tall currently running 2 orphek atlantik v4.2. Coral color and growth has been good, and I think I need to add a couple light bars or another atlantik to really fill it out.

I also have 4 radion xr30 Blue G6's that was going to go over another tank.

Question is, would the 4 radions be better than the 2 orpheks? The tank is currently sps dominant mixed reef, but I plan on it being sps only as the tank continues to mature and fill in

Dan_P

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Long story short, I have an sps tank 48x36x19tall currently running 2 orphek atlantik v4.2. Coral color and growth has been good, and I think I need to add a couple light bars or another atlantik to really fill it out.

I also have 4 radion xr30 Blue G6's that was going to go over another tank.

Question is, would the 4 radions be better than the 2 orpheks? The tank is currently sps dominant mixed reef, but I plan on it being sps only as the tank continues to mature and fill in
O boy, great question. Any chance that a light meter or par meter could sort this out?

mtraylor

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well your tankn is not very deep so that is in your favor for the G6 should you want to use it. Hands down you will get more par from the v4 gen2. 3 vertically will fill it out nicely for even PAR across tank. You will need PAR meter to see where your at and what a 3rd brings to table.

4 Gen 6's would also be real smooth blend. Not sure what you would have at edges but PAR meter will show all. Both are great options so color choice would be my decision. Which light spectrum you like best between the 2 is what I would go with....

Pending your PAR readings you get.

OP
OP
Davy Jones

Davy Jones

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks Folks, I guess the easiest thing would be to try them both. I was just hoping to avoid having to hang/rehang lighting as its a pain in the butt lol.

Really I guess it comes down to what will provide a better spectrum for the coral as both should be able to sufficiently light the tanks no problem.

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 54 40.3%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 28 20.9%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 48 35.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 3.0%
Back