Luckyduck

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
First off I want to say to R2R I think we should make a specific category for Refugiums/Macro Tanks.

Super excited to be upgrading today! Going from a small (13") hang on back CPR Aqua Fuge to a medium (19") CPR Aqua Fuge 2. Brightwell Aquatics was kind enough to send me some Mangrove Substrat to try out. I ran the previous one with Brightwell Koral Lagoon Substrat but thought it was just a little coarse for my liking. I also have some Miracle Mud I'm going to mix in with it. As well I'm upgrading my little 5 watt grow light to the 9 watt Chaeto Max by Innovative Marine. I'm shooting the whole thing on my GoPro and will edit the video and get it up to my YouTube channel ASAP.

IMG_20200805_142526.jpg IMG_20200805_142539.jpg

Sdot

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
First off I want to say to R2R I think we should make a specific category for Refugiums/Macro Tanks.

Super excited to be upgrading today! Going from a small (13") hang on back CPR Aqua Fuge to a medium (19") CPR Aqua Fuge 2. Brightwell Aquatics was kind enough to send me some Mangrove Substrat to try out. I ran the previous one with Brightwell Koral Lagoon Substrat but thought it was just a little coarse for my liking. I also have some Miracle Mud I'm going to mix in with it. As well I'm upgrading my little 5 watt grow light to the 9 watt Chaeto Max by Innovative Marine. I'm shooting the whole thing on my GoPro and will edit the video and get it up to my YouTube channel ASAP.

IMG_20200805_142526.jpg IMG_20200805_142539.jpg
Nice and good luck! I think more people should have seperate fuge systems rather than have a compartment on a sump...makes it so much better imo. Below is a pic of my fuge... i use miracle mud in this system.

1596653046313.png

OP
OP
Luckyduck

Luckyduck

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nice and good luck! I think more people should have seperate fuge systems rather than have a compartment on a sump...makes it so much better imo. Below is a pic of my fuge... i use miracle mud in this system.

1596653046313.png
Yooo my buddies used to call me Sdot! Lol

Dude that's sexy!! Nice! I love having the completely seperate area, it's almost like having a different tank with a totally different environment/habitat.

Sdot

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yooo my buddies used to call me Sdot! Lol

Dude that's sexy!! Nice! I love having the completely seperate area, it's almost like having a different tank with a totally different environment/habitat.
Lol Nice! That means we are family! Yeah i love the separate area for the fuge.... opens the doors to so many options. I personally turn off the flow to the fuge and feed phytoplankton every week...and i can tell you that it does benefit the main display.... i love seeing the anthias pick the pods out of the water column.

Here is the tank at night..kinda ran across this by accident

Rock solid aquascape: Does the weight of the rocks in your aquascape matter?

• The weight of the rocks is a key factor.

Votes: 12 9.2%
  • The weight of the rocks is one of many factors.

Votes: 45 34.4%
  • The weight of the rocks is a minor factor.

Votes: 41 31.3%
  • The weight of the rocks is not a factor.

Votes: 31 23.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 1.5%
Back