Crab's 40G Breeder Mixed Reef Tank

Rakie

NOTED TROUBLEMAKER
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I had no idea you went to Halide @Crabs Mcjones -- If heat weren't such a crazy issue I'd have tried it, but it's just not possible lol.

I like talking about lighting, but dear god I hate the light debate. They're all good, they all work, they're all fine. It's a shame talking about lights always turns into a fire fight.

OP
OP
Crabs McJones

Crabs McJones

I'm so shi-nay
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I had no idea you went to Halide @Crabs Mcjones -- If heat weren't such a crazy issue I'd have tried it, but it's just not possible lol.

I like talking about lighting, but dear god I hate the light debate. They're all good, they all work, they're all fine. It's a shame talking about lights always turns into a fire fight.
Agreed, my thought process is you like what you like, and what works for you works for you, no need to tell someone else they're wrong or what they're doing is wrong. No lighting choice is the perfect choice.
But heat hasn't really been an issue at all, up in wisconsin we don't see as high of temperature numbers so I maybe see a 1 degree increase on a hot day. But if it's that hot i've got the ac on ;) then at most i get a .5 degree increase :)

Fudsey

Jack of all trades, Master of none ;-)
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Agreed, my thought process is you like what you like, and what works for you works for you, no need to tell someone else they're wrong or what they're doing is wrong.

You're wrong:p :p :p

Johniejumbo

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Your tank is what led me to put two 150w halideson my 40b. They came with the tank but I was worried about heat so I never used them. I put them on and the tank only goes up about 1 degree! Love the lights. Mine sure has a long way to go to look anything as nice as yours though :)

OP
OP
Crabs McJones

Crabs McJones

I'm so shi-nay
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Happy Sunday everyone. Tank maintenance and chaeto trimming today
bbEswzzh.jpg

PgfGTEMh.jpg

jsker

Reefing is all about the adventure
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
OP
OP
Crabs McJones

Crabs McJones

I'm so shi-nay
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’ve been looking for a nice stand for a 40B I want to set up. Have everything in my basement to get the tank up & running, but haven’t had time to make a stand... So where did you get your stand and who made it, @Crabs Mcjones? It looks great.
https://www.petco.com/webapp/wcs/st...IKrSOc1mNcZQYvFBjnUaArHsEALw_wcB&gclsrc=aw.ds
This is the stand. If you decide to go with it, please note that it's going to appear that your 40b doesnt fit the top. This is because the front panel is meant to overhang and line up flush with the doors as the red sea tanks do. I didnt know that at the time and ended up adding a piece of reinforced wood to the back of the stand for the overhang.

OP
OP
Crabs McJones

Crabs McJones

I'm so shi-nay
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Mal11224

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Loving them :) everything is growing and coloring up nicely :D
Nice... I see you removed the Kessil Kool-Aid banner. Lol. When I go to my local pet store and I see SPS under 20K MH, I find the colors amazing so I know your corals are popping. Now I'm jealous. ;Wacky

Looking back to your reefing roots: Did you start with Instant Ocean salt?

• I started with Instant Ocean salt.

Votes: 39 72.2%
  • I did not start with Instant Ocean salt, but I have used it at some point.

Votes: 7 13.0%
  • I did not start with Instant Ocean salt and have not used it.

Votes: 7 13.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 1.9%
Back