Crazy RedSea issue

Mr bigolsworth

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I ordered a Reefer about a month ago and ordered my skimmer at the same time. My LFS ordered me the RSK-300 that their supplier was on back order. So ive waited about 2-3weeks while my tank cycled. Got the call yesterday that my skimmer came in. So today went and picked it up got home to assemble it and...... The entire pump wasn't in the package. I mean the body, cup and drain tube but no motor. LOL Luckily my LFS ordered a quantity of 3 so he's gonna swap it out with me tomorrow and deal with RedSea. Anyone else ever had in issue like this?

ZoWhat

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
RedSea is too busy getting back to all their tank owners about their glass panels shifting and pulling off the silicone

Lmbo.

Their tanks might bankrupt the Company in the next 2yrs

Last edited by a moderator:

kwall737

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
RedSea is too busy getting back to all their tank owners about their glass panels shifting and pulling off the silicone

Lmbo.

Their tanks might bankrupt the Company in the next 2yrs

If you own one of their tanks I'd check if its under warranty when the class action lawsuit drops like a hammer

is this happening on all of their new tanks? Was looking into pulling the trigger on an XL 425 here in the next few days

Fishingandreefing

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Red Sea is too busy county money and replying those emails with leaking tanks. If I ever buy a new set up, as of now I will never get a Red Sea.

Phil D.

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Found out it's SMALL percentage .005% of tanks having problems due to QA missing a few. Red Sea has super strict QA. They have new braces for the big tanks. I myself have the E-260, daughter has E-170 with no issues.

jsvand5

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Found out it's SMALL percentage .005% of tanks having problems due to QA missing a few. Red Sea has super strict QA. They have new braces for the big tanks. I myself have the E-260, daughter has E-170 with no issues.

I’m sure that percentage was pulled directly from their butts. If they had super strict QA they wouldn’t sell tanks with stands that sag and causes failures or tanks with panels that begin to peel off. Their systems are just not up to par considering the prices they charge.

ZoWhat

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’m sure that percentage was pulled directly from their butts. If they had super strict QA they wouldn’t sell tanks with stands that sag and causes failures or tanks with panels that begin to peel off. Their systems are just not up to par considering the prices they charge.
Amen

AZMSGT

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Where exactly did you get your numbers from? .005 is a pretty exact number.

So this is turning into a Red Sea Bashing thread real fast. OP, I would say your experience is a unique one. Just a quick question, was your skimmer box still sealed with shrink wrap around it when you got it? If it was not then odds are it was tampered with and the pump was removed by someone in the supply chain.

While I own a RS, I will say I’m cautious saying their tanks have a issue beyond an under engineered stand. Their Facebook group is horribly managed. If you have a smaller tank comming or on hand I wouldn’t worry to much.

Last edited:

MuffinMonster

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I recently bought a Reefer 250, seeing all these Red Sea posts makes me nervous. But at the same time it seems to only be the bigger tanks, i haven't seen any issues with the Reefer 250. I think its just too small to have any/many issues, not enough water weight for the stand or tank silicone to fail is my theory. With seeing all this go on lately though, whenever i upgrade in the future its definitely not going to be a Red Sea. But i'm happy with my 250, it honestly feels/looks/seems like a super solid little tank, cant speak the same about all the others from seeing some of the posts and how they have been dealing with it.

OP
OP
M

Mr bigolsworth

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The box wasn’t shrink wrapped.

Where exactly did you get your numbers from? .005 is a pretty exact number.

So this is turning into a Red Sea Bashing thread real fast. OP, I would say your experience is a unique one. Just a quick question, was your skimmer box still sealed with shrink wrap around it when you got it? If it was not then odds are it was tampered with and the pump was removed by someone in the supply chain.

While I own a RS, I will say I’m cautious saying their tanks have a issue beyond an under engineered stand. Their Facebook group is horribly managed. If you have a smaller tank comming or on hand I wouldn’t worry to much.

OP
OP
M

Mr bigolsworth

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just looked at an unboxing post and one of the white boxes were missing when I opened it.

1289B88D-B1ED-4B24-8219-A133B393434F.jpeg

AZMSGT

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just looked at an unboxing post and one of the white boxes were missing when I opened it.

1289B88D-B1ED-4B24-8219-A133B393434F.jpeg
Since it wasn't still sealed I would say this isn't a problem that derived from Red Sea. Perhaps one of the stores from that used the same distributor had a unit that needed a pump. Who knows really. Your Local store sounds like they are going to take care of it so I would just press on.

Lukeewh

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Im sure you've done this, but my pump for the RSK-300 came in a brown box, instead of the white one and I completely missed it the first and second time I went through the box. I thought I had a missing pump as well, until I found it in a box I thought had just been filler.

ZoWhat

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Again for those sorta still awake.

Talked to my LFS and they only sell USA manufactured tanks.

Sure they ship in a 18wheeler truck for 24hrs... but they DON'T take the POUNDING of being in a Container Ship for weeks get pounded by 30ft swells.

RedSea might be decent coming off the Production line, but after pounding across the Pacific Ocean... they d e g r a d e before they make it to your home.

Ever wonder why most foreign cars are "assembled " in the US? A completed car cant take the pounding of a Container Ships killing "Initial Quality "

Last edited:

Tentacled trailblazer in your tank: Have you ever kept a large starfish?

• I currently have a starfish in my tank.

Votes: 24 29.6%
  • Not currently, but I have kept a starfish in the past.

Votes: 18 22.2%
  • I have never kept a starfish, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 21 25.9%
  • I have no plans to keep a starfish.

Votes: 18 22.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back