Crowded Frag Plug

unchaotic

Well-Known Member
View Badges
Joined
Feb 28, 2021
Messages
917
Reaction score
1,114
Location
Minot
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I bought a frag of plating sponge at an LFS and it came with some clove polyps and zoas. I especially like the clove polyps and would like them to survive but don't want them bothering the sponge either.
Should I remove the other corals and put them in separate spots?
20210626_152549.jpg
If so, any recommendations on procedures. I read somewhere to just rip the clove polyps right off the frag and put them on some aragonite until they grab hold.
 
I would think the sponge will out grow the polyps in a way, that you could frag the sponge down the road if its getting choked out.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 2 3.5%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 4 7.0%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 14 24.6%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 14 24.6%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 1.8%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 9 15.8%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 2 3.5%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 8 14.0%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 3 5.3%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new