Cruel WIFE

BostonReefer300

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Mine always hated it when we were poor, imagine that. But now we aren’t poor, she is a geologist with a masters in hydrology. So she now has more than a passing curiosity in the chemistry side particularly mineral consumption and relationships. She starts geeking out trying to explain things like why and how CO2 lowers ph. She reads Randy’s posts for fun. Here is the kicker. Ask here about the living stock and she does not care one bit. The stock, to her, are only necessary to have a box full of gravel and water in which chemical reactions take place. It’s very strange.
I'm a chemist and I also read Randy's posts for fun. Feels good to admit that to someone.

OP
OP
dyno

dyno

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Oh man
My wife once told me that my clownfish pair must have had babies because there were dozens of tiny ones swimming in the tank. I ran downstairs, grabbed a net, and stared at the tank like Mr. Magoo searching for them. She said they were so tiny that I really had to look hard. She finally burst out laughing and said "April Fools!" I was not amused

Oh man that is too funny!

OP
OP
dyno

dyno

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So glad my wife is into the hobby just as much as me. Heck she often times suggests trips to the LFS "just to look", which is a 2 1/2 hour drive one way.

I feel sorry for you guys that have wives that don't understand the hobby, or have no interest in it. Marriage is supposed to be a coexistence, where you both enjoy each other, and each others hobbies, loves/hates, friends, etc.
You are very lucky! My wife calls me shellfish for taking something out of the ocean. She says my fish were happier in the wild. I say that they would of been eaten by a larger fish so they are better off with me!

Last edited:
OP
OP
dyno

dyno

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just love this hobby related humor! It adds a bit of suspense. You cannot get this with dogs and cats.
@Glenner’sreef I noticed your profile says you've been a hobbyist since the 1960's. Curious, when was your first marine tank? When did the marine hobby start and actually become popular? I was born in the 1980's so I always wonder...

Glenner’sreef

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@Glenner’sreef I noticed your profile says you've been a hobbyist since the 1960's. Curious, when was your first marine tank? When did the marine hobby start and actually become popular? I was born in the 1980's so I always wonder...
Hey Dyno, my first marine tank was a fish only swim tank. 5 Yellow Tangs in a 55 gallon tank. 1982 was the year. (I was 24) Have kept involved with salt water marine and planted tanks up until early 90s. Things really started changing for the better in the reefing hobby with filtration, lighting etc. I would get all of the latest equipment. But by 2015 I was really encouraged by the lighting technology. LEDs made all of the difference for me. No more metal halides, no more computer fans on the canopy. So many new developments. Just love it all. Thanks for the question.

Mywifeisgunnakillme

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
HaHaHa! That would be perfect revenge.

Sent her out for milk...

When she returns lay in the middle of the puddle with fake blood everywhere, like you fell and split your head wide open

Fail Falling Down GIF

Depending on whether i was working on the reef tank beforehand, my wife might just act she didn't see me and let me bleed out. lol.

stanlalee

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The day my aquarium is so complex a 5 second glance of my marked water lines and ato consumption from the last time I looked at it (every morning and night minimum) doesn't let me know where the water DIDN'T come from I'm probably already living single.

CMMorgan

Counting my blessings...
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Mine always hated it when we were poor, imagine that. But now we aren’t poor, she is a geologist with a masters in hydrology. So she now has more than a passing curiosity in the chemistry side particularly mineral consumption and relationships. She starts geeking out trying to explain things like why and how CO2 lowers ph. She reads Randy’s posts for fun. Here is the kicker. Ask here about the living stock and she does not care one bit. The stock, to her, are only necessary to have a box full of gravel and water in which chemical reactions take place. It’s very strange.
Having taught for 5 years at an environmental center, your wife is my hero. LOL I was the same way when I worked there. I was unimpressed with the residents of the tanks, only the environmental impact and how it related to our lesson plans. The one exception being the horseshoe crabs. Those continue to fascinate me to this day. kudos to @Paul B for being their champion and daily superhero by getting them off of the beach every morning. It's sometimes just amazing to imagine they have lived for so long, yet they get stranded on the beach on a daily basis.

Townes_Van_Camp

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Having taught for 5 years at an environmental center, your wife is my hero. LOL I was the same way when I worked there. I was unimpressed with the residents of the tanks, only the environmental impact and how it related to our lesson plans. The one exception being the horseshoe crabs. Those continue to fascinate me to this day. kudos to @Paul B for being their champion and daily superhero by getting them off of the beach every morning. It's sometimes just amazing to imagine they have lived for so long, yet they get stranded on the beach on a daily basis.
I will admit, to a degree, my absolute favorite animals aren’t the fish, corals, or even the ornamental shrimp. I am absolutely fascinated by my…. Emerald Crab.

CMMorgan

Counting my blessings...
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I will admit, to a degree, my absolute favorite animals aren’t the fish, corals, or even the ornamental shrimp. I am absolutely fascinated by my…. Emerald Crab.
I took the plunge to start my first SW tank because of a huge red hairy legged crab named Crabzilla. I still miss that little guy. He lived a good life but man, he was like having Godzilla and my tank was Tokyo.

OP
OP
dyno

dyno

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I took the plunge to start my first SW tank because of a huge red hairy legged crab named Crabzilla. I still miss that little guy. He lived a good life but man, he was like having Godzilla and my tank was Tokyo.
@CMMorgan. My tank was Tokyo, hahaha! Yea those red hairy hermits cause havoc in the tank, especially at night! I love hermit crabs too. Grew up raising land hermits, kept beautiful strawberry crabs too. I have electric blue hermits and skarlets in my reef and I love them so much.

BeltedCoyote

Philosopher king of the Memes
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’m so tempted to have shrimp and hermits in my DT even though I know they’re infamous for being pains in the trasero.

also, I have made sure not to show my partner this thread lol. She came back from vacation buying into the hobby more than ever before. But….I wouldn’t put this kind of prank past her lol

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 34 43.0%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 19 24.1%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 24 30.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 2.5%
Back