Crushed zoa in DT

Zoa_Fanatic

Valuable Member
View Badges
Joined
Jun 4, 2020
Messages
1,946
Reaction score
1,251
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just crushed a zoa in my DT, I know the answer to this but need to hear it from someone else. Will this nuke my tank? The innards went all over the tank but I’m running carbon and have a protein skimmer. It was a single head of rainbow incinerators. @footgal because duh
 
I just crushed a zoa in my DT, I know the answer to this but need to hear it from someone else. Will this nuke my tank? The innards went all over the tank but I’m running carbon and have a protein skimmer. It was a single head of rainbow incinerators. @footgal because duh
I have accidentally crushed zoas in tanks ranging from a 1 gallon pico to my 520 gallon. No issues what so ever in any.
 
Thanks! Just got two frostbite clowns and if they die I’m done lol. Most expensive fish I’ve ever owned. It’s my biocube 32
You will be fine in a 32 biocube. Especially if there is a little carbon in there. It will absorb all the nasties from the zoas, but again, one zoa is not bad at all in a tank that size.
 
You will be fine in a 32 biocube. Especially if there is a little carbon in there. It will absorb all the nasties from the zoas, but again, one zoa is not bad at all in a tank that size.
I kinda knew that but I get real nervous. I’ve worked too hard on this tank to destroy it now
 
I kinda knew that but I get real nervous. I’ve worked too hard on this tank to destroy it now

If crushing zoas nuked a tank i would not last a week! My clumsy self always dropping a rock somewhere....
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 3 12.5%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 11 45.8%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 3 12.5%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 1 4.2%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 1 4.2%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 3 12.5%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 2 8.3%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new