OP
ngoodermuth

ngoodermuth

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well, the flame is still alive this morning but not swimming around much and looking pretty beat up. I think the sulphaplex/Neoplex was too much for him...but now I'm trying to decide whether I should use other antibiotics since he is out of copper, or just let it go and see what happens?

melypr1985

totally addicted
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think these fish have been through a lot of meds. It may be time to let them "breathe" for a bit without any. Focus on good food and vitamins for a few days. You know what to look for and will be able to make the decision on whether to start meds again.

OP
OP
ngoodermuth

ngoodermuth

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well, everyone in the 40 is doing well. The little clown still has that face growth thing, but it's not growing anymore. I think another rally bath might finish it off, the last one helped a lot.

We are pulling copper and all meds from the 40 (minus the food with metroplex, they are still getting that a few more days yet). So far, so good.

The flame wrasse is stable. I did add a dose of melafix in, and it does seem like it helped the fins. I'm starting to think the "white" on him might have actually been slime coat related, like maybe he was losing it from the stress of medications and all the tank transfers, but only time will tell.

Mandarin is doing well also. So far, no losses in all this mess. With 4 weeks to go, let's hope everyone continues to improve!

OP
OP
ngoodermuth

ngoodermuth

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I spoke too soon, I think the flame wrasse is on his way out :(

He still had white stringy poop last week, and was acting off...swimming near the surface or just hanging around the bottom of the tank. I was getting ready to leave for the weekend, so I did a water change and added some metroplex to the water as well. I had been feeding to him for quite a few days already.
I came back, and he has been hiding all day. He's breathing very heavily, not looking good at all.

At this point, this fish has been through metroplex so many times....I can't believe he still has worms this bad? Plus, the bacterial thing isn't getting any better. I'm not sure what else to do...

I'm starting a rally bath, and considering adding antibiotics back into the water...and metroplex. Not sure if I should give him anymore of that at this point...since it doesn't seem to be helping.

code4

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It is so hard to know which course to take. Or when to do nothing. I hope the others are doing well. I started reading this because my regal angel injured her eye. Your shared experience is helping others even though you have not gone the distance yet.

Hang in there.

Shelley

OP
OP
ngoodermuth

ngoodermuth

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think I'm going to hold on the metroplex tonight. I'm doing a rally bath and following with kanaplex in his QT. If he's still here tomorrow I'll figure out what/ if anything, can be done. I just can't seem to get this guy healthy, all of the others are doing well :/

OP
OP
ngoodermuth

ngoodermuth

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Flame wrasse didn't survive the night :/ That one hurt... I've been through a lot with that fish.

4FordFamily

Tang, Angel, and Wrasse Nerd!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Flame wrasse didn't survive the night :/ That one hurt... I've been through a lot with that fish.
Sorry for your loss. Sometimes you just can't save a fish. We commend your effort!

OP
OP
ngoodermuth

ngoodermuth

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It is so hard to know which course to take. Or when to do nothing. I hope the others are doing well. I started reading this because my regal angel injured her eye. Your shared experience is helping others even though you have not gone the distance yet.

Hang in there.

Shelley

Thank you, I hope your regal is doing better. They are gorgeous fish.

If it helps, an eye infection would be treated with erythromycin.

code4

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thank you, I am treating her/him with Maracyn 1 and Maracyn 2 at this time. It is what I had on hand. But have ordered other meds in case these do not help. Also added Epsom salt as what was suggested here earlier. I wish the best for the remainder of your fish. And I did giggle when you bought the coral. Perfect timing! :)

LuckyPhil

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have been following your thread and just signed up to say sorry for your loss.
I'm also currently completing a 76 day fallow but I am completing TTM instead of copper, I have had bad experiences with copper in the past.

My gamble was after having a almost 2 year ich free tank I decided to add a Powder Blue Tang to my tank, he went through 3 tank change through TTM and wouldn't eat and I was very worried about his behaviour in the QT so I skipped the last (4th) TTM and now i regret it..... I have learnt my lesson too!

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 22 28.6%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 29 37.7%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 20 26.0%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 5 6.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 1.3%
Back