CSB splitting

  • Thread starter Thread starter Bluedore
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

Bluedore

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Jul 23, 2016
Messages
396
Reaction score
158
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi Reefers,
Checking to see if anyone had experiences with their CBS Splitting? My seems to be stretching really long, very similar to the RBTA splitting that I had before. I know that CBS don’t naturally split that often, it’s stretching over 10” and Stretching more and more as time goes by. Wanted to cut it but never got around to, hoping it’s doing it so don’t have to remove it from the rock it’s on.
TIA!

5FE8F4F3-20A8-439B-BF0E-0272DA9D6F2D.jpeg 85EB74B6-32ED-4138-AB5A-59E1A40545E4.jpeg D05C8FF3-7563-46BC-9F27-E1365D98560B.jpeg 0035F1E8-CD93-49F2-B995-5901235EB4BD.jpeg
 
Hard to tell from the pictures. Normally stretching up towards the surface is a sign that it's trying to get more light. When they start splitting it'll essentially look like it's pulling itself in to two different directions.
 
Not sure why you would think that the CSB do not naturally split. They do so when overfed, stressed and just as much as RBTAs. I had about 25 clones from an original over the years.
 
Not sure why you would think that the CSB do not naturally split. They do so when overfed, stressed and just as much as RBTAs. I had about 25 clones from an original over the years.
You could be right and I’m hoping it’s doing it too. I’m glad you chip in on this, as this one is linked to Maximus from you. Thanks.
 
Hard to tell from the pictures. Normally stretching up towards the surface is a sign that it's trying to get more light. When they start splitting it'll essentially look like it's pulling itself in to two different directions.
That could be too, as my T5’s are closed to a year old. Thanks.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 2 3.6%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 16 29.1%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 18 32.7%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 6 10.9%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 1 1.8%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 3 5.5%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 6 10.9%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 3 5.5%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new