CUC for 90g with eel

ambuncher

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a 90 gallon tank with a snowflake eel. I didn't do too much clean up crew before now because I had a blue spot puffer that would snack on them :) But now that he is gone, Ive introduced some hermit crabs and conches, and the eel has left them alone. Im getting more into corals, but having trouble with high nitrates--sometimes the eel doesn't eat all the shrimp I give him, and it rots in the tank. Need a good cleanup crew for the tank--any suggestions on what to get? Besides the eel, I have 6 fish (2 clowns, 2 damsels, red stripe angel, and marine betta).

I looked at reefcleaners, I used to order from them before I had the blue spot. Any suggestions on what to get? I was thinking mostly hermits and ceriths, with maybe a few nerites. I dont want anything big, Ive got a ton of mushrooms on the sand bed and dont want them knocked around too much. TIA!

Gatorpa

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a 90 gallon tank with a snowflake eel. I didn't do too much clean up crew before now because I had a blue spot puffer that would snack on them :) But now that he is gone, Ive introduced some hermit crabs and conches, and the eel has left them alone. Im getting more into corals, but having trouble with high nitrates--sometimes the eel doesn't eat all the shrimp I give him, and it rots in the tank. Need a good cleanup crew for the tank--any suggestions on what to get? Besides the eel, I have 6 fish (2 clowns, 2 damsels, red stripe angel, and marine betta).

I looked at reefcleaners, I used to order from them before I had the blue spot. Any suggestions on what to get? I was thinking mostly hermits and ceriths, with maybe a few nerites. I dont want anything big, Ive got a ton of mushrooms on the sand bed and dont want them knocked around too much. TIA!
A) feed the eel less.
B) load up with blue legs, emeralds, astral snails.

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 26 39.4%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 16 24.2%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 22 33.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 3.0%
Back