Cup coral or cornyactis?

  • Thread starter Thread starter dlynch8802
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

dlynch8802

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Jun 4, 2015
Messages
138
Reaction score
16
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Any guesses? Looks kind of cool and want to keep it
ImageUploadedByREEF2REEF1459799532.083892.jpg
 
So I have a phosphate issue, could this be causing it by overkilling snails?
 
Personally indont think so, snails dieng wouldnt cause a long term phosphate issue, the way i look at it for elevated phosphate is from foods, not fully cured live rock(depending as it can take years for rock to mature) and not using rodi. If you find a graveyard of snail shells by the corynactis mushroom then yes it could be the reason, but depending on your tank size and maitnence
 
Shouldn't cause any harm as the tentacles are extremely short and they don't tend to walk around like other nems.

I have a cup coral that I found at my LFS on the base of a dying gorg. I offered them $1, took it home and have been feeding it every time I feed my dendros. It looks incredibly beautiful with long flowing arms with white nematocysts. It's plumping up quickly and almost looks like a baby rhyzo (:

If I came across a corynactis I would definitely keep it. I'm in to odd little rarities... Haha
 
I guess it will stay and I'll keep and eye on it. Thank you everyone
 

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 4 5.4%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 5 6.8%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 15 20.3%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 21 28.4%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 1.4%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 9 12.2%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 4 5.4%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 9 12.2%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 6 8.1%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new