Cupramine levels

mattb2989

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi all. Im using cupramine in qt atm and just hit .5ppm today. I do have some blue star wrasse in and are still eating fine and active. I jist worry if the level was to drop if i misscalculate wc etc. What is the lowest level to be still in therapeutic range that it could dip down to without having to restart my copper clock. Anything @Jay Hemdal? Fish are alot better than my last qt attempt with coper power

Jay Hemdal

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi all. Im using cupramine in qt atm and just hit .5ppm today. I do have some blue star wrasse in and are still eating fine and active. I jist worry if the level was to drop if i misscalculate wc etc. What is the lowest level to be still in therapeutic range that it could dip down to without having to restart my copper clock. Anything @Jay Hemdal? Fish are alot better than my last qt attempt with coper power

Sorry - I don't know what the minimum level is for Cupramine. I don't use it much, it is a bit harsher than coppersafe, and it has that odd reaction when mixed with reducing agents like ammonia removers and formalin.

Jay

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
14   0   0
0.4 - 0.5 mg/L is a safe therapeutic range for Cupramine which is ionic. Must be brought to level slowly

OP
OP
M

mattb2989

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
0.4 - 0.5 mg/L is a safe therapeutic range for Cupramine which is ionic. Must be brought to level slowly
Thanks mate. I brought it up .1ppm a day so took 5 days to get to .5ppm. Im on day 4 now. I done a wc yesterday and dipped down to .46ppm obviously didnt add enough cupramine back to the the pre mixed water. But then brought it straight back up to .5. Lowest its been is .46ppm highest was .51ppm

Jay Hemdal

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Does anyone know what the safe upper limit is for Cupramine?

It varies between species of fish. You need a good test kit (Hanna is the best API the worst) and shoot for the standard 0.50 ppm without going above 0.60

Jay

Bubbles, bubbles, and more bubbles: Do you keep bubble-like corals in your reef?

• I currently have bubble-like corals in my reef.

Votes: 17 32.7%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef, but I have in the past.

Votes: 7 13.5%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 17 32.7%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 10 19.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 1.9%
Back