Current going rate

-drew-

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What is the going rate for a 180 glass tank drilled with stand canopy and sump?

I have to move soon and am either looking to trade down or sell in the future if I cannot find a place that's big enough or the 180

drainbamage

Extreme Whippersnapper
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
that's a really hard question to answer-if it's used all sort of factors come into play like quality of stand/canopy, brand of tank, how long youve had it, how many big used tanks are being sold in your area, etc.

If you bought it new locally, best idea is to call up and ask to price out the same tank setup, then ballpark around 30-40 percent of that price. But that's going off of my local area, which tends to have a lot of breakdowns at times.

OP
OP
D

-drew-

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It's a used setup that was completely redeemed by a professional glass shop before setup so all seals are only 2 years old. Stand is in good shape and built like a tank. Canopy is custom built using water sealed pine and is painted black to match stand. The manufacturer of the tank is unknown, I built the canopy, and the stand was built by a carpenter for the previous owner. Don't know if that helps, but Im just curious as to what I can sell this for if I need to downgrade as I would like to buy new this time around and knowing what its worth roughly will give me a ballpark idea of what size tank I can afford to downsize into.

Algae invading algae: Have you had unwanted algae in your good macroalgae?

• I regularly have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 39 34.2%
  • I occasionally have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 23 20.2%
  • I rarely have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 9 7.9%
  • I never have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 8 7.0%
  • I don’t have macroalgae.

Votes: 31 27.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 3.5%
Back