Current Marine Orbit LED Light Review

vikinglord13

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Dec 9, 2017
Messages
102
Reaction score
78
Location
Naperville, IL
What state or country do you live in
Illinois
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello all,

If you need to find something to do during your coronavirus shelter-in-place I made this review video of the Current Marine Orbit LED light I purchased for my little piece of the ocean. I hope you enjoy!

 
Nice video!
I sure would like to see that jawbreaker under kessil blue though ;)
 
Can I ask how you have it setup? I bought these a few weeks back and still trying to get the lighting correct. I have 24” height and they sit right on top. I will assume the par is pretty good. I am running the lights at 70-80 max
 
I'm not sure what you're asking for, I showed in the video where it is on the tank. Off the top of my head it's at about 21" or so.
 
Here the recommended setting per manufacturer

3328900E-E82F-4105-8F43-85A8DC744ACB.jpeg
 
Thanks for the review. I picked up a used one and am having a hard time with the manufacturer manual. Hope I can figure it out!
Takes about a week of Sundays to figure it out. Just remember anytime you touch that remote the LAST thing you ALWAYS do is hit the resume/enter botton.
 
You show the PAR chart in your video, you do know that's with everything set at 100%.

Yep, I'm aware. I have softies all over the place. I've gradually increased the percentages so I didn't "sunburn" the corals since the old lights were so fricken old and just bad.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 9 5.3%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 13 7.6%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 27 15.8%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 58 33.9%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 2 1.2%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 12 7.0%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 12 7.0%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 26 15.2%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 12 7.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new