Current Orbit marine LED Light

mattclemens

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a fluval 13.5 gallon tank with the current orbit marine LED light. I’m wondering what Light settings are best for coral growth? How long should I have have my lights running? My coral is struggling. Answers please!

WirelessMike

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a fluval 13.5 gallon tank with the current orbit marine LED light. I’m wondering what Light settings are best for coral growth? How long should I have have my lights running? My coral is struggling. Answers please!
I had a dual current led setup on my 65. I think I ran blues at around 75-80 and whites at about 30 to 40. Typically I ran 12 hour total with an hour of sunup and sundown. Soft corals seemed to like it.

xxkenny90xx

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Which current orbit model do you have? And what kind of corals do you have?

OP
OP
M

mattclemens

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I had a dual current led setup on my 65. I think I ran blues at around 75-80 and whites at about 30 to 40. Typically I ran 12 hour total with an hour of sunup and sundown. Soft corals seemed to like it.
I went on YouTube and they were talking about sunrise red 74% green nine blue 76 white zero daylight read 74 green 29 blue 100 white 65 and then sunset red 74 green nine blue 75 white zero and moon light red zero green zero blue five white zero seems to be a lot of red in there and green

xxkenny90xx

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I went on YouTube and they were talking about sunrise red 74% green nine blue 76 white zero daylight read 74 green 29 blue 100 white 65 and then sunset red 74 green nine blue 75 white zero and moon light red zero green zero blue five white zero seems to be a lot of red in there and green
Wow it sounds like they are just trying to grow a ton of algae

jradishness

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Can I ask why? Just looking at it, the stock fluval Evo light is better than that Current Marine option. I use a fluval led timer I got for $6 at petsmart to ramp and control it. I’d rather retain the original lids and light myself. Just curious what the motivation is?

xxkenny90xx

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You can run your lights for about 10hrs if your doing a ramping up and down schedule with 5 or 6 of those hours being full power. I'd keep reds and greens pretty low, whites around half power, and blues near full power. Sorry I can't give exact percentages, it's been many years since I've used current marine

OP
OP
M

mattclemens

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Can I ask why? Just looking at it, the stock fluval Evo light is better than that Current Marine option. I use a fluval led timer I got for $6 at petsmart to ramp and control it. I’d rather retain the original lids and light myself. Just curious what the motivation is?
Sounds like a good idea to me

OP
OP
M

mattclemens

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You can run your lights for about 10hrs if your doing a ramping up and down schedule with 5 or 6 of those hours being full power. I'd keep reds and greens pretty low, whites around half power, and blues near full power. Sorry I can't give exact percentages, it's been many years since I've used current marine
Great, thanks

Mastering the art of locking and unlocking water pathways: What type of valves do you have on your aquarium plumbing?

• Ball valves.

Votes: 76 51.7%
  • Gate valves.

Votes: 75 51.0%
  • Check valves.

Votes: 37 25.2%
  • None.

Votes: 32 21.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 9 6.1%
Back