• For a Limited Time the R2R Partner Membership is NOW OPEN! Get some cool swag and chances to win part of over $20,000 in prizes! Click here for more details

AshwinRavi

View Badges
Reaction score
Hello all,

I have seen a few posts regarding this a few times before. I recently upgraded my aquarium from 165W Chinese led to 48" IC from current USA. I had good growth with the 165W but wasn't a fan of the light spill happening in the room, when lights come on, it was basically for the whole room and not just for the tank.

with the Current USA, I can enjoy the tank without much of a light spill, I am curious on what settings people are running these at and for how long of a photoperiod. I have 1 48" IC over a 48"X18"X21" (75G) tank, with the leg, mounts it came with.

would love it more if people can post pictures of their growth and mounting techniques as well.

GoVols

Cobb / Webb - 1989
View Badges
Reaction score
Hello all,

I have seen a few posts regarding this a few times before. I recently upgraded my aquarium from 165W Chinese led to 48" IC from current USA. I had good growth with the 165W but wasn't a fan of the light spill happening in the room, when lights come on, it was basically for the whole room and not just for the tank.

with the Current USA, I can enjoy the tank without much of a light spill, I am curious on what settings people are running these at and for how long of a photoperiod. I have 1 48" IC over a 48"X18"X21" (75G) tank, with the leg, mounts it came with.

would love it more if people can post pictures of their growth and mounting techniques as well.
Well,
I had the original Current USA PRO model.
Started off with the acclimation mode.
Then, I moved over to the 10 hour preset and over time got the blues to 100% and whites at 60%, during the full daylight photo period.

Those have tight led lenses and I diffussed the led's with an thin frosted / plastic / plate.

OP
AshwinRavi

AshwinRavi

View Badges
Reaction score
Well,
I had the original Current USA PRO model.
Started off with the acclimation mode.
Then, I moved over to the 10 hour preset and over time got the blues to 100% and whites at 60%, during the full daylight photo period.

Those have tight led lenses and I diffussed the led's with an thin frosted / plastic / plate.
cool, thanks for the response. I had an older version which had acclimation mode, the newer one I purchased didn't come with any present modes. as of now, I am running at 40% blues and 9% whites for a start. I also have a diffuser made out of window screener in between the light and tank. will try to upload picture tonight.

What overall grade would you give to the whole class of online livestock vendors?

• A+

Votes: 8 3.9%
  • A

Votes: 17 8.3%
  • A-

Votes: 17 8.3%
  • B+

Votes: 30 14.6%
  • B

Votes: 56 27.2%
  • B-

Votes: 20 9.7%