AshwinRavi

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello all,

I have seen a few posts regarding this a few times before. I recently upgraded my aquarium from 165W Chinese led to 48" IC from current USA. I had good growth with the 165W but wasn't a fan of the light spill happening in the room, when lights come on, it was basically for the whole room and not just for the tank.

with the Current USA, I can enjoy the tank without much of a light spill, I am curious on what settings people are running these at and for how long of a photoperiod. I have 1 48" IC over a 48"X18"X21" (75G) tank, with the leg, mounts it came with.

would love it more if people can post pictures of their growth and mounting techniques as well.

GoVols

Cobb / Webb - 1989
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello all,

I have seen a few posts regarding this a few times before. I recently upgraded my aquarium from 165W Chinese led to 48" IC from current USA. I had good growth with the 165W but wasn't a fan of the light spill happening in the room, when lights come on, it was basically for the whole room and not just for the tank.

with the Current USA, I can enjoy the tank without much of a light spill, I am curious on what settings people are running these at and for how long of a photoperiod. I have 1 48" IC over a 48"X18"X21" (75G) tank, with the leg, mounts it came with.

would love it more if people can post pictures of their growth and mounting techniques as well.
Well,
I had the original Current USA PRO model.
Started off with the acclimation mode.
Then, I moved over to the 10 hour preset and over time got the blues to 100% and whites at 60%, during the full daylight photo period.

Those have tight led lenses and I diffussed the led's with an thin frosted / plastic / plate.

OP
OP
AshwinRavi

AshwinRavi

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well,
I had the original Current USA PRO model.
Started off with the acclimation mode.
Then, I moved over to the 10 hour preset and over time got the blues to 100% and whites at 60%, during the full daylight photo period.

Those have tight led lenses and I diffussed the led's with an thin frosted / plastic / plate.
cool, thanks for the response. I had an older version which had acclimation mode, the newer one I purchased didn't come with any present modes. as of now, I am running at 40% blues and 9% whites for a start. I also have a diffuser made out of window screener in between the light and tank. will try to upload picture tonight.

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 119 88.1%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 8 5.9%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 5 3.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.2%
Back