OP
OP
MoreReefPlease

MoreReefPlease

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I really like AI. I put two HD 32s over my wife’s 50 reef and the corals love them! I also have a Red Sea 90 over a 60 cube - that may be a touch nicer than the AIs. Their interface is dumbed down for an oldie like me!!

I almost bought that red Sea 90 fixture but I'm on a 40b and the 2x primes spaced for 24" spread, 10" off the water was almost too perfect for this tank size.

Matt Rigberg

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I agree. 24 inch spread max for the RS 90 but oooo it’s pretty. I set the AIs to a modified AB+ after a lot of research. They are quite nice too. My big tank has 3 Kessil 160s and a 360. I have tons and tons of coral growth but they’re my least favorite in terms of overall aesthetic. I think that’s why so many people pair them up with T5’s.

OP
OP
MoreReefPlease

MoreReefPlease

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I agree. 24 inch spread max for the RS 90 but oooo it’s pretty. I set the AIs to a modified AB+ after a lot of research. They are quite nice too. My big tank has 3 Kessil 160s and a 360. I have tons and tons of coral growth but they’re my least favorite in terms of overall aesthetic. I think that’s why so many people pair them up with T5’s.

I was afraid of that, moving off my T5s. They're so proven and everything loves them.

Tampaman

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have spoken to Carols and Jeff from CoralVue and they both suggested that with enough request through here and the FB page they will incorporate reverse as a separate function on possibly more wave patterns.
Please help support at least the ability to have reverse at only times, not tied to every program if on. Thanks!

TripleTruble

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just bought 4 gyres and 2 controllers (almost $700) Took me over 3 hours to get the first pump running. And thats only at 100% constant. I could have accomplished the same thing with a cheap $10 Ebay pump in 3 minutes. Very disappointed
You wouldn’t accomplish the same thing as a gyre

ianryd

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Let me start by saying I like the performance and quiet operation of these pumps and I am overall happy with them. However there are a few reasons that I wouldn't recommend them in the current state of the controller.

I too vote for reverse mode, and more presets, and a less confusing ui. It would also be nice to have a feature where I could play with the pump speeds in real time, rather than having to go back, change the preset, upload change, go back to status, enable the mode, and hope I got it right. I have had these pumps for like 6 months and have only tried tweaking them today because the ui is so confusing. Also the youtube videos are confusing because IDK if they are talking about the hydros app or the dual pump controller app. For example I was watching the how to for triggers and they talked about "repeating triggers" I cant find this feature anywhere in the dual pump app. Really wish it was there!

And can we just have one speed range? I understand how the whole dual speed percentage thing works, but I just dont see the purpose. Its just confusing.

I dont want to need buy the hydros to unlock the full potential of the pumps and controller I already paid for. I like these pumps but I cant recommend them with the limited abilities of the lite version of the controller!

ianryd

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
OK, I take back the part about the 2 different speed settings. I was playing with settings and pump placement today and needed one of my pumps to blow harder than the other. So it did come in handy.

LittleMaui

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Slightly off topic question here. I love the two Icecap Gyre 4k's I bought at Thanksigiving. It's time to disassemble and clean. How do I remove the magnetic impeller shaft inside the pump? I saw a video for the 3K which showed using a marker pen to push the shaft from right to left, but I'm pushing as hard as I can and it won't budge. Please help if you are familar with the 4k pump!

foxface66

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a question: why can I only set my pump down to a minimum of 25% in the pump settings? That means that in my night mode, the lowest it'll go is to 25%. I want it lower than that. How does that work? And what is the "low power speed" setting for in the pump settings?

Thor2j

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a question: why can I only set my pump down to a minimum of 25% in the pump settings? That means that in my night mode, the lowest it'll go is to 25%. I want it lower than that. How does that work? And what is the "low power speed" setting for in the pump settings?
Low power speed is when on battery backup.

25% is as low as the pumps can run.

Kayanarka

Peg Leg Reefer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a 90 gallon display 48" wide and 2 x 4K pumps one on each end. I am wondering g if anyone can give me advice as to what the max speeds should be set to. I have been bouncing between 30% and 40% and struggle to find the sweet spot.

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 99 87.6%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 6 5.3%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 5 4.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.7%
Back