OP
LeeHerz

LeeHerz

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Been having a small algae bloom on the sand and rock lately, as you can see in the photo. Possibly due to going a little crazy on purchasing fish and then feeding those fish multiply times daily.
Two tangs, 5 baby clowns, a mandarin, and a hawk fish. That will be the fish list unless we decide to add a wrasse of some sort.
d0c548f4f2edbc613d057631fbb159d7.jpg

OP
OP
LeeHerz

LeeHerz

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Not sure how I've missed these build updates, everything's looking awesome ! I've got a soft spot for shallow reefs as well and it's what I'm currently setting up. I must say I really like the stocking list you've come up with as well. Are some of those impulse buys ?:p

Definitely some impulse buys but I like to think it’s working out well haha

What are the dimensions of your shallow build?

JoshH

Tank Status: Wet...ish, growing things....
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Deleted

Last edited:

JoshH

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Deleted

Last edited:
OP
OP
LeeHerz

LeeHerz

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I do, It's a slow progress and probably won't be wet until the fall but I do make an update here and there when something comes up.:):)

Oh and I LOVE my dimensions, I would have loved them slightly more if I could have gone 6' but it just wouldn't work where the tank needed to be.

https://www.reef2reef.com/threads/my-shallow-dream-build-60-×-30-×-17.487004/

Same here as far as all the dry goods building slowly over time. I was able to do the entire set up away from the wall, and when I was ready slide it to the wall and fill it up

JoshH

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Same here as far as all the dry goods building slowly over time. I was able to do the entire set up away from the wall, and when I was ready slide it to the wall and fill it up

I had really thought about doing the Exact same thing but some things like the plumbing to the basement can't be done until it is up against the wall so it presents a unique challenge. I'm looking forward to seeing your build fill in so I've got something to aspire too :)

OP
OP
LeeHerz

LeeHerz

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I had really thought about doing the Exact same thing but some things like the plumbing to the basement can't be done until it is up against the wall so it presents a unique challenge. I'm looking forward to seeing your build fill in so I've got something to aspire too :)

The goal for for livestock fill with be large corals. Nothing too crazy. A lot like the many great tanks at amazing aquariums and reefs. The great color classic corals.

OP
OP
LeeHerz

LeeHerz

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Traded the mp40 today for 2 more mp10. The mp40 was a bit too strong. The tank seemed to have a very directional flow and not random or mixed enough. Hopefully this change will give me what I’m looking for

OP
OP
LeeHerz

LeeHerz

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Having some major algae issue on the sand and rock. Pictures to come later today after water change.
It almost seems like a secondary cycle.

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 37 23.9%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 52 33.5%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 47 30.3%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 15 9.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 2.6%

Back