Cutting back GSP and clove polyps

jackalexander

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I want to know what my best option here is. I have a nano and my GSP and clove polyps are starting to get slightly overgrown but I’ve never fragged before. The clove polyps at my LFS are usually $10 per polyp so I would love to frag up that colony and start making some money back. Also, I’m only running carbon and a filter pad, about to start a fuge. Should I get some filter floss/sponge and throw that on the top instead of the pad (just carbon)?

OP
OP
jackalexander

jackalexander

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
807A6D2D-9764-432F-9C24-B855E38476DC.jpeg

Oldsman

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Both gsp and cloves grow like a " vine" or mat. I ve removed areas of both by simply pulling sections off rock they actually come off pretty easy. Attach to a new plug or rubble and your fragged !

OP
OP
jackalexander

jackalexander

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Both gsp and cloves grow like a " vine" or mat. I ve removed areas of both by simply pulling sections off rock they actually come off pretty easy. Attach to a new plug or rubble and your fragged !
is it fine to cut the vine that connects all of the clove polyps?

OP
OP
jackalexander

jackalexander

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Let me know how you did this my GSP needs to be checked
Since I don’t have a fragging kit or a frag saw, I think I’ll just use a screwdriver to chip some chunks of rock and GSP off and just glue them on. They will probably be small frags but they’ll grow out. I wish I had placed them in the sand! so much easier to just take some scissors and just cut away...

jmichaelh7

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   1   0
Since I don’t have a fragging kit or a frag saw, I think I’ll just use a screwdriver to chip some chunks of rock and GSP off and just glue them on. They will probably be small frags but they’ll grow out. I wish I had placed them in the sand! so much easier to just take some scissors and just cut away...
I took out the rock work and placed in sump. The pieces with GSP I separated in sand. My wife didn’t like it

mike550

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@jackalexander how did it go removing your polyps and cloves? I just tried removing some GSP and it was pretty well bonded to the rock. Also any suggestions on removing cloves would be great Thx

OP
OP
jackalexander

jackalexander

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@jackalexander how did it go removing your polyps and cloves? I just tried removing some GSP and it was pretty well bonded to the rock. Also any suggestions on removing cloves would be great Thx
the clove polyps were pretty easy. I just cut each polyp from the main stalk and glued it on. Took about 5 days to recover. For my green stars it was pretty easy, I just lifted them off of the rock with a razor blade.

mike550

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
the clove polyps were pretty easy. I just cut each polyp from the main stalk and glued it on. Took about 5 days to recover. For my green stars it was pretty easy, I just lifted them off of the rock with a razor
Thanks! I’m just trying to get rid of them as it’s just taking over.

Back