Cycle or no

SaracensRugby

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Apr 29, 2017
Messages
483
Reaction score
364
Location
Chicago
What state or country do you live in
Illinois
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi folks,

I am pretty sure i know the answer but measure once cut twice right? Picked up an IM 10 gallon for my daughter. I am going to pull rock and sand (siphon sand a lot first) from my main tank to start this tank, so i should not see a cycle of sorts right? I can just add a couple fish and off we go. I could even pull the water from my main as well.

Am I crazy thinking this is not a problem?

Cheers.
 
Hi folks,

I am pretty sure i know the answer but measure once cut twice right? Picked up an IM 10 gallon for my daughter. I am going to pull rock and sand (siphon sand a lot first) from my main tank to start this tank, so i should not see a cycle of sorts right? I can just add a couple fish and off we go. I could even pull the water from my main as well.

Am I crazy thinking this is not a problem?

Cheers.

No problem you should be good. The fish will provide ammonia for the existing bacteria as well
 
Hi folks,

I am pretty sure i know the answer but measure once cut twice right? Picked up an IM 10 gallon for my daughter. I am going to pull rock and sand (siphon sand a lot first) from my main tank to start this tank, so i should not see a cycle of sorts right? I can just add a couple fish and off we go. I could even pull the water from my main as well.

Am I crazy thinking this is not a problem?

Cheers.
you should be good..

just might have to test for a few days after you get fish for the new tank
 
Agreed. On this kind of start up we want to make sure there is 0 Ammonia. If all goes as planned, you should never test any Ammonia in this tank. Some call it a “skip cycle.”


 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

HOW DO YOU USUALLY MOVE WATER DURING A WATER CHANGE?

  • Buckets

    Votes: 3 13.0%
  • A siphon or gravel-vac hose

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A pump and hose

    Votes: 4 17.4%
  • A dedicated mixing station

    Votes: 1 4.3%
  • A plumbed or automated system

    Votes: 4 17.4%
  • A combination of these

    Votes: 11 47.8%
  • Whatever container is clean at the time

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Water changes? We don't need no stinkin' water changes!

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new