16059008829171651835685456818567.jpg
    248.7 KB · Views: 19

brandon429

why did you put a reef in that
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
two different brands of nitrate kits show huge differences in comparison threads, fifty ppm sometimes. just a guesstimate is ok, at least wasnt hard zero. that shows conversion from nitrites into nitrates, the only color battle now is nitrites being dark. this is independent to your allowed start date, that was earlier. if they are dark on a non api test kit then we're still at a prior allowed start date, but will now have two api nitrites to see on file.

brandon429

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
for sure. if acclimated carefully they will live. if not Ill promptly update our unstick any cycle thread, we'd claim this tank able for new fish. lost due to cycle will be both fish dead by tomorrow, and water will be cloudy.

but if both fish fine and water clear tomorrow after adding, looking sharp.

that thread is accountability for making predictions.

we think new cycling science is either 100% predictable tank to tank, no outliers, or its not and new cycling science is bunk junk. welp i hope these fish live heh.

far from guessing though...your tank meets completion criteria there or I would not risk the fish. our main criteria is simply ammonia able to move down from any higher point within the timeframe directions of the bottle bac, we default to believing bottle bac vs doubt when hints of action are in place.

none of the old cycling rules allow for that, you're stuck in the mud till '21 on old cycling rules.

brandon429

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
very helpful thread, the #1 challenge in reefing for 2020 in my estimate is simply discerning an agreed upon start date.

thats the top thing we all cannot agree upon in 2020, when to begin.

reef conventions start today, always with no lead up time. a convention hall of skip cyclers shows up to sell us bottles of items designed to unstick cycles

:)

so forum cycle rules will never ever permit you to start when nitrite is that high, and new cycling rules says that's what buyers follow and sellers are taking our cash using the correct approach: only nh3 control matters, no other param can burn, harm, or stall out a reef system (of the big three cycling params)

none of the cycling training material says any of that is true. after your fish plus monday we shall know.

brandon429

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
your tank's dilution, water circulation across surfaces, ample rock and sand surface area + time + nitrogen species shown is surely ready to rock n roll.

brandon429

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

brandon429

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Work links are handy to show rule updates.

Also
Please remark on how reef conventions pull off quick cycles, and if those expire etc

In the end we want to simply legitimize or not who gets to make cycling rules confirm to a start date vs who must wait for a start date.

We think using other tanks as patterns lets us know when changes have come, work links seem to be a decent claims filter.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Rmorrison23

Rmorrison23

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@Rmorrison23

wait until your cycle is complete before adding fish.
0 ammonia and 0 nitrite. Do not add anything to your tank until then, despite what others are saying in this thread.
I've waited like 30 days, why taking so long? What did I do wrong?

UCF Alum

Stick addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've waited like 30 days, why taking so long? What did I do wrong?
Get a bottle of Biospira and add enough for your size tank. Recheck ammonia and nitrite after a few days. I’ve cycled every tank with this stuff quickly and hassle free, even in a pinch.

brandon429

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
be sure ucf and click the work link

dont buy anything here, the work link is directly a study in how forum peers use incorrect measures to sell each other products unneeded.

click the link, read only first page of feedback. If the pages are invalid work, false cause and effect, post there the wrong details its open for debate.

That was posted in the chemistry forum to draw the sternest challenges, in fact, because we only want the truth. If our way is wrong, we expect dead tanks is that a fair summary

i would have expected stern response from chemists there as well, thats like skinny dipping around sharks to post false claims in the chemistry forum.

how does your method account for mis testing?

from your post I assume you accept all stated readings as accurate across api tests, no alternates for mis testing have been stated in your method

Discerning am agreeable start date for a reef tank still has so much work to be done, we have literally only barely progressed past 1989 rules. 99% of readers will agree this tank cannot begin, UFC’s take on the matter is indeed what a poll would show.

i think to purposefully not tie in convention start dates to this very tank is telling for any evaluation system, one legitimizes the other. From your advice I’m under the impression no reef conventions can start on time, or that only a third will make it.

if the conventions are aligning all three api measures in harmony, how do they do 500 ready by the same date?

here is a direct tie in for convention cycling.

convention cycles aren’t weak, nobody trusts fifty grand in frags to a guess weak cycle. The sellers have the correct info, it’s what makes them the sellers in the equation

we just get out the checkbook on demand

Last edited:

Looking for the spotlight: Do your fish notice the lighting in your reef tank?

• My fish seem to regularly respond to the lighting in my reef tank.

Votes: 100 75.2%
  • My fish seem to occasionally respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 15 11.3%
  • My fish seem to rarely respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 8 6.0%
  • My fish seem to never respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 3 2.3%
  • I don’t pay enough attention to my fish to notice if they respond to the lighting.

Votes: 3 2.3%
  • I don’t have any fish in my tank.

Votes: 2 1.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 1.5%
Back