d2mini's "Essential Focus" Mixed Reef Build

Clayton Jessup

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think all of us are suckers for nice sumps lol , we all want one as well. Beautiful sump quality and building of the sump looks top of the line , cant wait to see it in the elos stand ☺

OP
OP
d2mini

d2mini

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
We need to get some more views and comments on this thread! Awesome build!

w.gurney77

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Man did I get caught sleeping on this build. I finally had a few minutes to cruze R2R and this is what I came across! Nice clean look as usual! Can't wait to follow your progress. Since this is an "essential focus" build have you thought about which corals you will select?

OP
OP
d2mini

d2mini

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Man did I get caught sleeping on this build. I finally had a few minutes to cruze R2R and this is what I came across! Nice clean look as usual! Can't wait to follow your progress. Since this is an "essential focus" build have you thought about which corals you will select?
As usual, it will be a mixed reef. Nothing real specific except I plan on being a bit more selective this time. More colorful Aussie LPS, higher end SPS, but also want a nice stag or two for the different scale.
I also want to have a small anemone island.

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Any time frame on getting the tank wet?

Neptune1707

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Great home! Great set-up! I can tell you live somewhere warm with the outdoor RO/DI set up...living in Chicago, I couldn't do this without thawing ice before filling my aquarium LOL One trend that I'm seeing on these blogs is how everyone is taking pride and cleaning up their "digital control" area. You did a real nice job of organizing controllers and cords. I recently got a Red Sea Max 500 and one of the things I really liked was the cord drawer with all switches facing out to easy turn things on and off. I think this is an area that 3rd party companies should look at designing a product that helps us all organize our controllers and be a retro-fit item for our tank stands. I personally have been shocked a few times on my old tank setup with moist strip outlets etc. I think safety should come first and organizing and keeping cords protected is a good practice. And as many of us know, saltwater is more conductive of electricity than freshwater, so it doesn't take much to get a good shock. :)

OP
OP
d2mini

d2mini

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Any time frame on getting the tank wet?
My May got crazy, no free weekends until Memorial Day.
So looking at a trip to Tampa hopefully the first weekend of June.
Still have to plumb my sump. A couple extra bits coming in this week for that.

Great home! Great set-up! I can tell you live somewhere warm with the outdoor RO/DI set up...living in Chicago, I couldn't do this without thawing ice before filling my aquarium LOL One trend that I'm seeing on these blogs is how everyone is taking pride and cleaning up their "digital control" area. You did a real nice job of organizing controllers and cords. I recently got a Red Sea Max 500 and one of the things I really liked was the cord drawer with all switches facing out to easy turn things on and off. I think this is an area that 3rd party companies should look at designing a product that helps us all organize our controllers and be a retro-fit item for our tank stands. I personally have been shocked a few times on my old tank setup with moist strip outlets etc. I think safety should come first and organizing and keeping cords protected is a good practice. And as many of us know, saltwater is more conductive of electricity than freshwater, so it doesn't take much to get a good shock. :)
Thanks! Cord drawers are pretty slick. :)

Did you ask the anemones if they want to stay in an island? :D :D :D
They don't get a vote in my tanks! ;)
Rock flower and mini maxi nems I'll put anywhere, but no more bubble tips or anything like that. They split too much and then they are a pain in the butt to get out. And then there is the occasional walk through the park.
So they have two choices... island or nothing. haha :D

tabasco122

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Awesome progress! I dont know how i missed this, You have been an inspiration for a long time. I liked your equipment mount, as it looked similar to what I did, then you went ahead and killed it with the shelf for the dosers lol.

OP
OP
d2mini

d2mini

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Awesome progress! I dont know how i missed this, You have been an inspiration for a long time. I liked your equipment mount, as it looked similar to what I did, then you went ahead and killed it with the shelf for the dosers lol.
heh heh, thanks. :)

Keeping it clean: Have you used a filter roller?

• I currently use a filter roller.

Votes: 42 31.1%
  • I don’t currently use a filter roller, but I have in the past.

Votes: 5 3.7%
  • I have never used a filter roller, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 34 25.2%
  • I have never used a filter roller and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 48 35.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 4.4%
Back