dang!

sean rand

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi, i have a emporor angel that i just put in my DT that went through 2 weeks of copper (tested with hanna checker)and then another 2 weeks of a sterile tank and was not showing any signs of illness. Fish was given a 5 min FW dip ro check for flukes and came up negative. All other fish was QT the same way and inverts were qt for 72 days in a system without fish. I just put him in the display tank and i see this. Does this look like ich?

SmartSelect_20190617-193040_Video Player.gif

OP
OP
S

sean rand

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I want to add that the other fish that i had in the qt togther with this 1 has a bad case of lympho

KrisReef

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yup, kind of looks like lympho. Is it only on the edge of the fin? It it is, then I would say yes it is lympho. Feed the fish well and it should be ok. GL

road_runner

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Why all this Fw dips? If you are using qt why stress the fish with all this? Is not the idea of QT is to host the fish in a seprate environment and observe the fish..medicate if fish showed sickness?
One of the reason I do not lile QT is my personal believe that we are stressing the fish unless the QT system is proper system...
Your story just confrirm how unhelpful QT can be...
Can you move the fish back to QT and medicate?

OP
OP
S

sean rand

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Why all this Fw dips? If you are using qt why stress the fish with all this? Is not the idea of QT is to host the fish in a seprate environment and observe the fish..medicate if fish showed sickness?
One of the reason I do not lile QT is my personal believe that we are stressing the fish unless the QT system is proper system...
I can. But does this look like ich to u?

OP
OP
S

sean rand

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yup, kind of looks like lympho. Is it only on the edge of the fin? It it is, then I would say yes it is lympho. Feed the fish well and it should be ok. GL
Its 2 or 3 dots. It does not look like lympho 2 me

OP
OP
S

sean rand

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have treated all my fish this way and i have lost a very small # of fish. Lost more fish 2 diseases than qt

Mastiffsrule

Where ever you go, there you are, so be nice 2 you
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’m not good w disease so not sure if lympho. My man kris has good plan. Feed good and monitor. If we possibly feed lrs black worm or frozen clam . Selcon Or Zoecon.
@Ohashimz i think he came for help. Talk about qt may be better served after his concerns are addressed imo

road_runner

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’m not good w disease so not sure if lympho. My man kris has good plan. Feed good and monitor. If we possibly feed lrs black worm or frozen clam . Selcon Or Zoecon.
@Ohashimz i think he came for help. Talk about qt may be better served after his concerns are addressed imo
Yes ofcourse I am trying to help as well. If the QT process was part of the problem he should be adviced so he do not take the fish through this again which will increase stress....so yes I am trying to help him.

MTBake

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Not sure if that's ich or something else going on. I have seen white spots on fins of my fish before that disappeared as quickly as they showed up. That's why I would feed well and observe for the next few days. I would act if it gets noticeably worse overnight.

MnFish1

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Its 2 or 3 dots. It does not look like lympho 2 me
If you know what it is - why are you asking? It shouldn't be CI - based on the history (alone) - CI recurrent might look like this a week or so from now - but now at this point - and it looks like Lympho. It could be CI - did you follow the levels carefully in QT?

OP
OP
S

sean rand

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If you know what it is - why are you asking? It shouldn't be CI - based on the history (alone) - CI recurrent might look like this a week or so from now - but now at this point - and it looks like Lympho. It could be CI - did you follow the levels carefully
I dont know what it is thats why i am asking. I tested the levels every 3 to 4 days dyring copper treatment and it was always above 2.0

OP
OP
S

sean rand

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If you know what it is - why are you asking? It shouldn't be CI - based on the history (alone) - CI recurrent might look like this a week or so from now - but now at this point - and it looks like Lympho. It could be CI - did you follow the levels carefully in QT?
I dont know what it is thats why i am asking. I tested the levels every 3 to 4 (hanna checker) days during copper treatment and it was always above 2.0

HotRocks

Fish Fanatic!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@HotRocks whats ur opinion?

I doubt it's ich.

I'm assuming you have a cheap light (I do) or no lights on your QTs. This can make seek things seem to appear once in the DT. When it was always there.

Seeing your other thread today I'd guess it's lympho.

Its also very common to show up on angels and butterflies in QT especially if copper is used due to the immune system suppression.

Lympho is viral. Once a fish in a tank has it, all the fish have been exposed. Its a virus that can be easily overcome with proper water quality and feeding. Its in all of my tanks (and probably everyone else's). I have never seen it come back on a fish either in a DT once it goes away initially.

OP
OP
S

sean rand

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok.
I doubt it's ich.

I'm assuming you have a cheap light (I do) or no lights on your QTs. This can make seek things seem to appear once in the DT. When it was always there.

Its also very common to show up on angels and butterflies in QT especially if copper is used due to the immune system suppression.

Lympho is viral. Once a fish in a tank has it, all the fish have been exposed. Its a virus that can be easily overcome with proper water quality and feeding. Its in all of my tanks (and probably everyone else's). I have never seen it come back on a fish either in a DT once it goes away initially.
Thanks. I hope ur right

OP
OP
S

sean rand

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Good morning
I doubt it's ich.

Good morning!
The fish still has the "dots" , if it was ick how long b4 it would fall off? I am 99% positive its not ick. Just asking to calm my nerves

Back