OP
danieyella

danieyella

unfriendly local swamp witch
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So, sad news / potentially exciting news?

We have decided to officially downsize until the move. I'm looking into 60ish gallon cube style tanks. I'll be keeping select fish (marine betta, dusky wrasse, for sure) and select corals (meats) and fragging small pieces of other corals I want to keep (most of my softies, etc). Then selling off everything else including the tank itself. I'll keep some equipment that can transfer over to the cube & some for house 2.0's big tank.

We're going to upgrade to a peninsula in the new house, likely the cade 1500 s2/p. Which moves me from 114g to 178g in display. I'll keep whatever cube I end up with as well in my office there.

Less stressful then trying to move this beast, and better presentation once we're there anyway.

Don't know when exactly, but it'll be happening.

OP
OP
danieyella

danieyella

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
But also, we are still waiting on the permits to clear, and they estimate about a year of building once they do.

I'm going to start investing in some rock to build an aquascape fresh for the new cube. Any rock I choose to reuse is going into a small tank with nudis before it moves into the new tank so I can clear it of aiptasia.

sfin52

So many pedestrians so little time
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That solved the engineer issue.
But also, we are still waiting on the permits to clear, and they estimate about a year of building once they do.

I'm going to start investing in some rock to build an aquascape fresh for the new cube. Any rock I choose to reuse is going into a small tank with nudis before it moves into the new tank so I can clear it of aiptasia.
You keeping the nano?

Mhamilton0911

BitterSalty
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What an adult decision. I'm not good at adulting. But it sounds like a thought out plan. I can't imagine trying to move that and keep everything alive. Plus something always comes up and delays things. But it is exciting, so congratulations!! I'd love to find a bigger house but up here in Idahonia we've been priced out of the market for years so we're stuck with a tiny house.

Yay for you! How far from current location to new?

OP
OP
danieyella

danieyella

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What an adult decision. I'm not good at adulting. But it sounds like a thought out plan. I can't imagine trying to move that and keep everything alive. Plus something always comes up and delays things. But it is exciting, so congratulations!! I'd love to find a bigger house but up here in Idahonia we've been priced out of the market for years so we're stuck with a tiny house.

Yay for you! How far from current location to new?
About an hour. So not too bad. Moving a smaller tank won't be as stressful as moving this big one would be.

Mhamilton0911

BitterSalty
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nice. Plus a 60g should be so much quicker to take down and set back up. Inhabitants will be less so fewer buckets, plus you get to pick out all the new stuffs when you get a big tank again. I wish you weren't literally on the other side of the country, I'd totally buy a bunch of stuff from ya.

OP
OP
danieyella

danieyella

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nice. Plus a 60g should be so much quicker to take down and set back up. Inhabitants will be less so fewer buckets, plus you get to pick out all the new stuffs when you get a big tank again. I wish you weren't literally on the other side of the country, I'd totally buy a bunch of stuff from ya.
My thoughts exactly.. Then I also have it & a bigger tank in the long run

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 17 13.9%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 7 5.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.8%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 19 15.6%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 69 56.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 9 7.4%
Back