OP
danieyella

danieyella

unfriendly local swamp witch
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If you re added the stunners skeleton it would make sense, but since you didn't. That doesn't make sense. Odd how things went into a stasis.

Are you seeing growth at least?
My button scolys look a little bigger, couldn't say for sure.

This guy is growing forever.
PXL_20220729_210050733.jpg

Goaway

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I only have 2 assumptions.
Alk kit gone bad. Or, the urchins assisting in reef dosing by breaking up skeletons/coraline.

Good thing is, as long as everyone is looking good. You got no worries. You'll just want to be ready for when consumption is noticable again.
I'm pretty sure you knew all of that though.

OP
OP
danieyella

danieyella

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I only have 2 assumptions.
Alk kit gone bad. Or, the urchins assisting in reef dosing by breaking up skeletons/coraline.

Good thing is, as long as everyone is looking good. You got no worries. You'll just want to be ready for when consumption is noticable again.
I'm pretty sure you knew all of that though.
I also considered the kit. It's hanna, and reagents say they're good to 4/24. Wishing I had something else to verify it right now.

I tested at a different time Wednesday and it was 11.3 - I'm going to check it again later tonight around the same time I checked wed & see what it reads. I know it'll fluctuate throughout the day and I feel like if it was the machine itself screwing up it wouldn't be showing those changes. But who knows

Lost in the Sauce

BANGERANG!!!!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I also considered the kit. It's hanna, and reagents say they're good to 4/24. Wishing I had something else to verify it right now.

I tested at a different time Wednesday and it was 11.3 - I'm going to check it again later tonight around the same time I checked wed & see what it reads. I know it'll fluctuate throughout the day and I feel like if it was the machine itself screwing up it wouldn't be showing those changes. But who knows
Hanna liquid alk reagent starts going bad immediately when exposed to air and starts showing degradation in the measurements after 3 weeks from being opened in many cases.

How old is yours?

OP
OP
danieyella

danieyella

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hanna liquid alk reagent starts going bad immediately when exposed to air and starts showing degradation in the measurements after 3 weeks from being opened in many cases.

How old is yours?
Oof, I'd have to look at order history. I'm not sure.

OP
OP
danieyella

danieyella

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well good news is for $14 I'll have a new bottle tomorrow via Amazon. A little more expensive than buying from brs or one of the others, but no extra shipping fees and it'll be here tomorrow so I'll deal.

Eagle_Steve

Grandpa of Cronies
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well good news is for $14 I'll have a new bottle tomorrow via Amazon. A little more expensive than buying from brs or one of the others, but no extra shipping fees and it'll be here tomorrow so I'll deal.
Refrigerator after opening. No issues since I started doing that.

najer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'd like to know you Mag, if it is low it can stall out consumption of the other two, ime strong coraline growth can pull Mag down and when I asked the marine biologist at my lfs and showed him my Mag low results he said yep, bump the Mag up and your other two should start being consumed again.

OP
OP
danieyella

danieyella

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'd like to know you Mag, if it is low it can stall out consumption of the other two, ime strong coraline growth can pull Mag down and when I asked the marine biologist at my lfs and showed him my Mag low results he said yep, bump the Mag up and your other two should start being consumed again.
I haven't really seen much mag consumption in the last year to be honest. IDK if I have less coralline growth in this tank or if the urchin eats it up faster though. That might be a trip to the LFS though.

fishguy242

Cronies..... INSERT BUILD THREAD BADGE HERE !!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
pick up a cheap api kh test while you're there ,just to compare.

OP
OP
danieyella

danieyella

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
pick up a cheap api kh test while you're there ,just to compare.
Gonna see if new hanna juice reads the same as old.. If so, I'll either have them test or I'll pick up something cheap. Maybe even if not

OP
OP
danieyella

danieyella

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Mixing up another 10g to do a wc.... :loudly-crying-face: hoping my back can keep up, otherwise Matt might need to carry it for me :rolling-on-the-floor-laughing:

Still waiting on reagents.

He's playing terraria while I do tank stuff then we're headed out to run some errands (beer store)

Lost in the Sauce

BANGERANG!!!!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Mixing up another 10g to do a wc.... :loudly-crying-face: hoping my back can keep up, otherwise Matt might need to carry it for me :rolling-on-the-floor-laughing:

Still waiting on reagents.

He's playing terraria while I do tank stuff then we're headed out to run some errands (beer store)
Get strong beers, back will feel better, temporarily.

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 31 27.2%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 37 32.5%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 35 30.7%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 8 7.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.6%
Back