Cade Chaos Grimoire

Eagle_Steve

Grandpa of Cronies
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You'd love getting in my husband's truck then,lol. 8" lifted superduty with big *** 38" tires. You think your Nissan is oversized! All my pregnancies I've had to figure out how to get my whale self into his jacked up trucks. It's not fun. Well, fun for onlookers but not so much for me, lol. Yes there had been step ladders.
My poor wife was the same way. I am too old now for me to get into lifted trucks, so I lift Subarus now lol. Lower get in height, but same ground clearance. Kind of sad when you think about it lol.

Mhamilton0911

BitterSalty
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
They make those trucks so big they add a step to the tailgate for littles, lol. But the kicker is the tailgate is now too heavy from the step inside to open and close the tailgate I don't even use it, I climb over the side using the tire. I prefer my suv, lol.

My husband's driving style:

beyonce lemonade GIF

Mhamilton0911

BitterSalty
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My poor wife was the same way. I am too old now for me to get into lifted trucks, so I lift Subarus now lol. Lower get in height, but same ground clearance. Kind of sad when you think about it lol.
Hubs is an auto painter/mechanic/saver of broken cars, and we recently had 3 subies, we fixed and sold. Very surprised how comfortable they are! They are very popular here in snowy idaho mountains!

Hubs is a big ol dude though so it's hard to cram in most small cars.

Eagle_Steve

Grandpa of Cronies
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hubs is an auto painter/mechanic/saver of broken cars, and we recently had 3 subies, we fixed and sold. Very surprised how comfortable they are! They are very popular here in snowy idaho mountains!

Hubs is a big ol dude though so it's hard to cram in most small cars.
Lol. I have worked on cars my whole life. Not what I do for a living now, but did do it for a few years after retiring from the Corp. As for small cars, I get that part lol. About the only subdue I prefer is a Forester. Tons of room in them. Both my sons are 6'4" and 6'6". The 6'4" one is about 325 lbs of muscle and loves that car lol. Much better milage than his built F-150 and he fits just fine. But it is funny watching him get out of the lowered on I have, he gets out and stands up to just tower over the car.

OP
OP
danieyella

danieyella

unfriendly local swamp witch
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Moved it to the other side of the tank because I caught the engineer trying to bury it multiple times after this damage.

I don't think it's going to make it. I caught the sailfin tang ripping the loose flesh this morning, and I've had to forcibly remove the serpent star from its vicinity.

Really wish the other tank was safe to move it to already. :loudly-crying-face: ammonia is higher on seneye over there still.
PXL_20220916_131544381.jpg

Mhamilton0911

BitterSalty
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Now I've read that ammonia doesn't affect corals like it does with fish, (below 5ppm) if you think you're losing it anyway, you might try to save it by transferring? Just a thought?

I may be totally wrong and you all can take a whack at me if I am.

How high is the ammonia?

OP
OP
danieyella

danieyella

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Now I've read that ammonia doesn't affect corals like it does with fish, (below 5ppm) if you think you're losing it anyway, you might try to save it by transferring? Just a thought?

I may be totally wrong and you all can take a whack at me if I am.

How high is the ammonia?
I was just trying to research that and hadn't found a confident solution yet.

Seneye reads the new tank at 0.3ppm

OP
OP
danieyella

danieyella

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm risking it. If it stays in the big tank they will kill it today. I just caught the tangs over there jerking at it again. It still has about half of its meat connected to the skeleton, but they are trying desperately to change that.

Lost in the Sauce

BANGERANG!!!!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm risking it. If it stays in the big tank they will kill it today. I just caught the tangs over there jerking at it again. It still has about half of its meat connected to the skeleton, but they are trying desperately to change that.
I think that's the right call...

OP
OP
danieyella

danieyella

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If I hadn't slacked for so long in getting this cube put together I wouldn't be in this situation. None of the fish that are causing problems are being kept. They were never going to be kept. They were already on the list to get rehomed. If I lose this one also, it's 100% my fault.

Mhamilton0911

BitterSalty
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Definitely try to move it, that's not very high. Might be gone soon if you added seed bacteria too.

Eagle_Steve

Grandpa of Cronies
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

I dosed the nem and macro tank system when it has no fish to .3-.5 and had no issues with corals at all. Ammonia is the best N source for almost all photosynthetic organisms. Easy to digest and convert. If it was me, I would move irt.

OP
OP
danieyella

danieyella

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Blackberry lambic
PXL_20220916_233750630.jpg

+ Another 1.5liters for home :face-with-tears-of-joy: bad angle but this thing is huge.
PXL_20220916_233100739.jpg

Our favorite restaurant/micro brewery is closing because some company from New York bought plaza and hiked up the rent.

Waiting on our schnitzel

OP
OP
danieyella

danieyella

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Bummer. Sounds like it was certain death from fish though in the other tank....

Would it be worth trying to give it a dip of some sort, maybe the iodine based ones?
Already at work for the day but something I can try when I get home for sure.

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 53 40.2%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 27 20.5%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 48 36.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 3.0%
Back