Cade Chaos Grimoire

Petcrazyson

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think it's time for a gorg refresh :thinking-face: lost most of them with the leather nuke during tank transition.
Should’ve put him in his separate tub. Have you dealt with some of toxins in the water with carbon?

OP
OP
danieyella

danieyella

unfriendly local swamp witch
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Should’ve put him in his separate tub. Have you dealt with some of toxins in the water with carbon?
Oh yeah it's all fine now. There was no "putting him in a separate tub" at the time, 2 massive leathers didn't make the transition unfortunately. IDK if I have a photo of them in this take before they dropped but it happened fast. They looked so tiny in the original tank lol

OP
OP
danieyella

danieyella

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Since I couldn't put my hands in the water, I did some water testing and manual dosing. Starting to use up alk & calcium a little faster, might have to start weekly adjustments instead of haphazard. Still don't need to set my dosers back up though.

I did get myself some late Christmas presents.

Gorgs, shrimps, natural rfas, new dusters, couple fish on a whim from a vendor I trust. We'll see what happens. Slowly trying to fall in love with this tank like I was before the transfer but it has been a rough start.

Petcrazyson

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Since I couldn't put my hands in the water, I did some water testing and manual dosing. Starting to use up alk & calcium a little faster, might have to start weekly adjustments instead of haphazard. Still don't need to set my dosers back up though.

Gorgs, shrimps, natural rfas, new dusters, couple fish on a whim from a vendor I trust. We'll see what happens. Slowly trying to fall in love with this tank like I was before the transfer but it has been a rough start.
We need some pics! Seeing is believing lol.

Stang67

KEEP CALM AND REEF ON
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

I am so trying to love my new tank as well. It's been nothing but a pain in my rear. I am really just hoping all the headaches will be worth it in the end.

OP
OP
danieyella

danieyella

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
We need some pics! Seeing is believing lol.
Peppermints come next Wednesday, not sure on other stuff yet, waiting for vendors to reach out to set up dates

Lost in the Sauce

BANGERANG!!!!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Y'all can throw me in with the Trying to love the new tank crew. It's weird how even transferring most of the things, to a new box, it can feel totally different.

I look at my tank and it still doesn't feel like mine. There are some very important elements that are missing from what has always been MY tank.

Last edited:
OP
OP
danieyella

danieyella

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Y'all can throw be in with the Trying to love the new tank crew. It's weird how even transferring most of the things, to a new box, it can feel totally different.

I look at my tank and it still doesn't feel like mine. There are some very important elements that are missing from what has always been MY tank.
Exactly.

Lost in the Sauce

BANGERANG!!!!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I thought Long and hard this morning about just tearing the whole big tank down.

We'll see how I feel in a week when year end is over.
This is what I am hoping for with the new tank. I've been meh about the tank for a while.

OP
OP
danieyella

danieyella

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Fish delivery tomorrow.

Shrimp delivery Wednesday.

Still waiting to hear on gorgs....

Started dosing my minor dailies in this tank.

Sending off the first ATI icp tomorrow.

Buying wood Sunday to crate up the cade1200 until the move.

OP
OP
danieyella

danieyella

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm proud to report that I followed through, I mailed off my water sample for this tank on my way to work this morning. Husband is going to let me know when the fish arrive and I am going to come home and take care of them and then go back to work.

OP
OP
danieyella

danieyella

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Years of abuse via UPS had finally paid off, today the UPS driver saw my box that said live fish and called me because I'm at the end of his route and he saw that there were live fish. That way I could meet him somewhere to pick them up earlier so they weren't in the van all day long.

OP
OP
danieyella

danieyella

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Matt said they were doing well throughout the day. But I just watched my clowns and damsels teamwork drive both of the fish into the overflow.

None of these ****ers are coming with when we move.

OP
OP
danieyella

danieyella

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Try to do something to make myself excited about the tank again, and all I want to do is rage flush fish.

I am so stressed with all of this, I have not stopped regretting buying this tank since I got it.

I should have just sold everything off from the big one and stored it and started over after moving.

MrsBugmaster

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This hobby can make you feel overwhelmed at times. Adding new fish is always stressful cause you never know how it will turn out. Several times I have thought about just selling everything and getting out. But then I read on here about someone else having worse issues and I see all the support people give and I re-think everything. You got this, even if that means rehoming a fish or two! Or maybe things will settle down and work out.

How much do you care about having a display FREE of wires, pumps and equipment?

• Want it squeaky clean! Wires be danged!

Votes: 82 44.6%
  • A few things are ok with me!

Votes: 85 46.2%
  • No care at all! Bring it on!

Votes: 17 9.2%
Back