Dark Base on my Duncan & Torch Coral

  • Thread starter Thread starter chiefifd
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

chiefifd

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Mar 1, 2014
Messages
301
Reaction score
170
Location
Michigan
What state or country do you live in
Michigan
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi, I have several Duncan Corals & one Purple Torch Coral in my 90 gallon DT. The base of my Duncan Corals and one Purple Torch Coral have darkened and have white spots/bumps on their base. Any ideas what it is? I've had the Duncans for several years and the Torch for about 2 years.

Water parameters, salinity 1.025, PH 8.15, Temp 77, Phosphates 0.15, Calcium 440, Nitrates 5, Magnesium 1400, & Alkalinity 8.0

A few of one of my Duncan Corals has had a few of the heads die-off near the base.

The white spots/bumps are easier seen on the Torch.

Any thoughts???

0-1.jpeg 0.jpeg
 
they’re spirorbis….
little filter feeders.

not sure how you can eradicate them,
or if you need to…
they’re harmless.

but if they are too much of an eyesore for ya,
maybe cut back on feedings
 
+1 spirobid worms not dangerous. If you lost heads on your Duncan I'd say it's from something else.....BTW looks more like a frogspawn or Hammer than a torch
 
Thanks for the ID of spirorbis.....They really don't bother me just wondering if they were bothering the corals.

You guys are right it is a Purple tip Frogspawn, I was thinking "Torch".

I really don't feed too much I think, but then again I did have a lot of tube feathers until I bought 3 Peppermint shrimp!

So is the darken base normal in the lifecycle of the Duncan's & Frogspawn.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE BIGGEST REASON YOU ATTEND A FRAG SWAP?

  • Finding unusual or hard-to-find corals

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Better prices than buying online

    Votes: 1 33.3%
  • Trading or selling my own frags

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Meeting other reefers

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Learning from vendors and hobbyists

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Seeing corals in person before buying

    Votes: 1 33.3%
  • Supporting the local reefing community

    Votes: 1 33.3%
  • I don’t have frag swaps nearby

    Votes: 1 33.3%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new