Data Recording Programs

  • Thread starter Thread starter Shep
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

Shep

Acan Connoisseur
View Badges
Joined
Aug 27, 2014
Messages
6,864
Reaction score
6,574
Location
Maryland
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I have yet to get MS Excel but need a program that I can use to chart/track/graph my test kit readings, does anyone have a suggestion on a good (free would be great) program I can use?
 
Open office, google docs? I'm working on a new website for a programming class I'm taking (https://reefmatrix.com/rm/threads/recent) and would be willing to build some tracking type of interface if people were interested? So far I have redit style news sharing, and new threads page which aggregates new threads for most popular reef forums. I'm building a listening service now, and could also add some type reef tracker kind of thing.
 
WPS Spreadsheets (formerly Kingsoft)
Libre Office
Open Office

Most computers and laptops have some form of office on them. Even the limited versions are usually sufficient to do most things.
I have been using WPS and Libre but recently discovered that I actually have Microsoft Office on my laptop. I never took the time to explore the layout of Windows 8 and didn't see it right away, so assumed I would have to pay for it, so I went with the free stuff, which I will more than likely stick with.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 4 14.8%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 12 44.4%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 3 11.1%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 1 3.7%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 1 3.7%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 4 14.8%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 2 7.4%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new