Daunting Stock List 109 gallon Peninsula tank - Clownfish Harem, Gem Tank, Blue Spot Jawfish, and so much more! Help me out

WarmSensations

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello! I am pretty new when it comes to fish and how they get along with each other in saltwater. I am most likely going to get the waterbox 4820 which is a 109 gallon peninsula tank. I have the following fish and inverts that Id like to get and want to know how the temperament would be and if they would all get along.

FIshInverts
15-25x clownfish2x fire shrimp
blue spot jawfish2x cleaner shrimp
gem tang3x blue tuxedo urchin
ruby dragonetconch
fathead anthiassnails
naoko wrasseclam
coral beautybrittle star
royal grammarock flower anemones
hawkfish
yellow pyramid butterflyfish

I plan on making this a mixed reef with some sps at the top and lps and softies towards the bottom. I know having a clown harem is quite the endeavor on its own but id like to incorporate other fish as well. I said 15-25 clowns because im not too sure yet. The gem tang I intend to get as a baby since my LFS had a few and I know a few local reefers who said they would buy me another one in exchange for mine when it grows larger. I am not adamant on getting all of the fish (although id like as many as possible) those are just the ones I like so id like to see which ones get along or don't so I can pick and choose. I also really want a big clam so it would be helpful if the fish didn't eat that or any of my inverts. Every fish I plan on getting as babies or the smallest I can to begin with, any help is appreciated, thanks! Im probably missing some stuff I should add but if you have any suggestions to fish or inverts I should add in that you think would help let me know!

I plan on having a rollermat, skimmer, and fuge for nutrients from the heavy feeding I plan on doing as well as an auto water change so everything shouldn't be too out of whack.

bnord

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
the invert list is fine/modest and will need to add the clam after some maturity

I understand the fathead anthias are a challenge even fro experienced reefers, may want to think about chromis or something else to get started

i've not attempted a Clown fish Harem before and will let others weigh in but seems to me that you need to have a well established tank with the anemones thriving/growing/splitting and the add all the Clown fish at one time.

that will set your plan/schedule for the other additions

frankly I would decide Harem or mixed population, and you subsequent comments about mixed corals seems to be in favor of a mix of fish
you can always have a pair of clowns or a smaller pod of skunk clowns

Best of luck with the setup

Keeping it clean: Have you used a filter roller?

• I currently use a filter roller.

Votes: 69 34.8%
  • I don’t currently use a filter roller, but I have in the past.

Votes: 7 3.5%
  • I have never used a filter roller, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 51 25.8%
  • I have never used a filter roller and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 63 31.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 4.0%

Back