Reverend Turtle

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If after rinsing you still smell chlorine, use an overdose of dechlorinator. It's the chlorine that is toxic. Oh, and use regular bleach, not the splashless kind. I know that with the illness running rampant so things are hard to find.

OP
OP
Dryanimtt

Dryanimtt

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Got the aquascape pretty much hashed out. And got all the rocks cycling in a brute can with a couple of power heads. Sneak peek of the scape-->
20200715_225257.jpg

Super Fly

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Any advice on cleaning up the glass a bit? Clean up some of the micro scratches, etc.
not familiar w removing glass scratches, not sure if this is possible... Is it noticeable when tank’a full of water?

OP
OP
Dryanimtt

Dryanimtt

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just about done redoing the sump tank. Still waiting for my gate valve to come in so I can finish the overflow plumbing. I finished the return line though, glued and everything.

alimac122

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yea I went with the cabinet enamel paint after sanding and priming the stand. Get that hardened finished surface. Good stuff. Your tank looks good. Trying to come up with aquascape. Taking ideas here and there. Kind of tough cause a 92g cube with a center overflow like mine seems rare to come by. At least from my exhaustive searches.

Check out my build thread ;)

OP
OP
Dryanimtt

Dryanimtt

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Question-- why did you opt in for two intakes and one return? In my build one of those holes was for the return, and I have the same setup only mine is ABS not glass.
I went with that so I could run a Herbie drain as it gives me an emergency drain as well as a much quieter system. So I made the sacrifice to run the return externally.

alimac122

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I went with that so I could run a Herbie drain as it gives me an emergency drain as well as a much quieter system. So I made the sacrifice to run the return externally.

Gotcha! Makes sense. I was able to finally get a pretty quiet system with mine oddly enough going from 3 drilled air holes to covering up 2 and just having one in the stand pipe, and switching from filter socks to a media cup in the sump.

I love the 90g cube design. Really makes it feel like its a small system but it has such openness inside you can really give the fish tons of space, ad of course room for the corals to grow out. I'm excited for you! I am in awe of my 90g cube, I lay on the floor and look up at it ever day. Lol

OP
OP
Dryanimtt

Dryanimtt

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Gotcha! Makes sense. I was able to finally get a pretty quiet system with mine oddly enough going from 3 drilled air holes to covering up 2 and just having one in the stand pipe, and switching from filter socks to a media cup in the sump.

I love the 90g cube design. Really makes it feel like its a small system but it has such openness inside you can really give the fish tons of space, ad of course room for the corals to grow out. I'm excited for you! I am in awe of my 90g cube, I lay on the floor and look up at it ever day. Lol
I checked your build and that's good stuff. Your tank looks great. Yea seeing a cube like these was a revelation to me as it would fit perfectly to the space I wanted to put a tank. Plus they add a lot of depth and uniqueness to a hobby that is primarily long tanks. In short, it has really grown on me.

alimac122

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
In short, it has really grown on me.

Keep the photos coming! I'm here to help you in any way I can. I'm new to the at home hobby, but I was a marine biologist at an aquarium for a while before. This at home hobby has truly given me so much more appreciation for the aquarium industry. Before we had everything separated, I never had to worry about chems or the tank, just the fish and the DT. Now I worry about it ALL. Loving this hobby more and more every day, actually going to pick up more corals tomorrow!

Super Fly

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Question. What's the best way to end my return line?
20200720_193155.jpg
they sell U shaped return jets that u can hang over the glass and/or use modular loc line to aim where ever u want. https://www.bulkreefsupply.com/pumps-plumbing/plumbing/loc-line.html

Keep the photos coming! I'm here to help you in any way I can. I'm new to the at home hobby, but I was a marine biologist at an aquarium for a while before. This at home hobby has truly given me so much more appreciation for the aquarium industry. Before we had everything separated, I never had to worry about chems or the tank, just the fish and the DT. Now I worry about it ALL. Loving this hobby more and more every day, actually going to pick up more corals tomorrow!
Nice job with the sump build and plumbing... one concern I have is how tall the sump is in the cabinet w little room to reach inside sump for maintenance, is there enough room to remove skimmer when its time for cleaning?

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 110 87.3%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 8 6.3%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 5 4.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.4%
Back