OP
OP
Dryanimtt

Dryanimtt

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I added a couple more peices of rock other than what is pictured. But nothing to much. Wanted to keep alot of negative space. A bit of a minimalist approach I think.

Super Fly

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looking good, really like the minimalist look in a cube! if I may make a suggestion, how about moving the tall rock to the right side of tank to help provide more flow from powerhead while drawing the eye away from the overflow box?

OP
OP
Dryanimtt

Dryanimtt

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looking good, really like the minimalist look in a cube! if I may make a suggestion, how about moving the tall rock to the right side of tank to help provide more flow from powerhead while drawing the eye away from the overflow box?
I appreciate the feedback. Yea I wanted a minimalist sort of look. Trying to keep alot of that negative space. Tried following that aquascape thread on here with the rule of thirds, etc. And to be honest when I had first laid out the rocks on a cardboard footprint of the dimensions it seemed like alot more rock lol. Now in the tank and full it looks like alot less. Should fill out pretty good once I get some good coral growth though. And I'll be getting another powerhead for the other side of the tank as well, that way I can alternate the flow. You've got me thinking about the overflow box now lol.

Super Fly

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would leave that tall rock, doesn't look too little in the tank. Like u said, it'll fill out with corals and esp if u add softies it'll really get full.

OP
OP
Dryanimtt

Dryanimtt

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah so I ended up ordering another 15lbs of rock, the marco shelf rock. Just to fill in a little bit. Just didn't seem like enough rock to me now. Like won't mess with the left side, just a little tweaking on the right. Here it is after the water cleared up
20200806_072350.jpg
20200806_072406.jpg
20200806_084646.jpg

OP
OP
Dryanimtt

Dryanimtt

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Update: tank finished cycling! Still not going to turn the lights on for another month or two. Also, I had to go ahead and swap the skimmer to the second compartment. Was sitting to deep and no way I could raise it where it was either. I'll just have to run my refugium in the first chamber with the drains. I might put a peice of grated light deflector to isolate the drains from the future chaeto that will be in there.
20200824_140654.jpg

OP
OP
Dryanimtt

Dryanimtt

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
also strongly considering building a reef pi controller. Really want the benefits of a controller without the price tag of an apex. Seems petty simple to do.

OP
OP
Dryanimtt

Dryanimtt

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Update: finally got fed up with the skimmer cup spilling when taking it out the 29g sump because the sump is too tall. Got a 20g long and got one of those ebay kits. Turned out really nice. Will be changing that out this weekend. Also, stayed building a small equipment cabinet.

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I like the aquascape! Do you have it cemented together?

OP
OP
Dryanimtt

Dryanimtt

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I like the aquascape! Do you have it cemented together?
No it's not cemented. I used a fiberglass rod and lots of superglue gel. And where I put the superglue i sprinkled the tank sand in the joints. Ended up making a superglue paste like deal. Hold is very good.

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 53 39.8%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 28 21.1%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 48 36.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 3.0%
Back