OP
OP
Dryanimtt

Dryanimtt

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
good to hear coralline's coming around. Unless u don't plan to add more fish, the tangs should've been added last bc once they are established tangs dont take kindly to new comers. Also just an FYI in case u were not aware - the powder blue and scopus may not do well long term in a 93 cube since they'll outgrow the tank. The powder blue is one of the most aggressive tang's and may become hostile in a 93 esp w 2 other tangs. Unfortunately it is also one of the more sensitive tangs that is notorious for getting ich, for which stress often triggers it. Someone once told me "if u just look at it wrong, it'll get ich"...

Yeah, the fish were quarantined before I put them in the tank. Especially with copper. Somehow the flukes got past the quarantine. But I specifically chose the powder blue and Scopus because they don't get as big as most other tangs. Something like 9 inches. But to be honest the powder blue is the most docile one, very calm fish. It's the Scopus which is the crazy one sometimes. They actually all swim around together and sleep together. I will be adding other fish. And will be taking appropriate steps to ensure a smooth transition for any other fish i put in the tank. After all a humans ability to out wit and manipulate nature are what make us the dominant species on earth. But I really won't be adding that many more fish.

Super Fly

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
After all a humans ability to out wit and manipulate nature are what make us the dominant species on earth. But I really won't be adding that many more fish.
LOL! Agreed... folks who have successfully kept multiple tangs credit keeping them well fed in order to reduce aggression.

OP
OP
Dryanimtt

Dryanimtt

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Latest update is really just trying to maintain and work out some other small details on some things... I'll get some pics up here soon.. but got some corals in the tank, all were doing good until the only thing i could contribute to as all other parameters have been fine is a dramatic drop in PH. Though my alk has remained stable the entire time.. basically my PH was running good with a low of 7.9 at night to 8.1 during the days.. then throughout a weeks time PH plummeted down to 7.3!! for the life of me i've been doing everything to get it back up. i got a CO2 scrubber, started opening windows in my house even though its freezing outside, even started using kalk in ato instead of using the all for one tropic marin stuff to dose. I'll back track and say before I did all that stuff I calibrated my PH probe three different times and double checked it with a test kit and it was accurate. But even still after all that my PH is still dropping to 7.6 during the night, maybe getting to 7.8 during the day but mostly 7.7. and i have chaeto going in the sump... Anyway, i know i shouldn't be chasing it to much but it seemed way to extreme to me from one day to the next to not do anything about it. In all, most of the corals made it through, most of the sticks i put in there did not make it, all the other sps did and are still recovering. Got a couple more fish in the tank as well... 2x tailspot anthias, a malnuras wrasse, and "had" two onyx clownfish (one jumped out the tank)... so I also built a screen for the tank after that... in short, thats been the gist of things. Equip cabinet still needs a overhaul on the inside. Will also have to add some more power heads to the tank, the two icecap 2k gyres i had on there alone just aren't cutting it really. Got a jabao RW8 on one side of the over flow, plan on getting another for the other side....

Super Fly

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
sorry to hear about the hiccups... if it was me, I'd slow down on livestock additions including corals (esp sticks/sps) until tank's beneficial bacteria matures more to better handle all the bioload. And yes, completely agree with you, I'd stop chasing the PH #'s

OP
OP
Dryanimtt

Dryanimtt

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah, I wasn't planning on adding anything else to the tank for awhile. Just going to let it marinade for now. But it's back on track now. And looking good. So, no acros for now lol. The other sps are fine. I just can't dedicate that much time to make sure acros will be happy with a new system.

OP
OP
Dryanimtt

Dryanimtt

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Couple of pics
20210108_224457.jpg
20210108_224300.jpg
20210108_224346.jpg

OP
OP
Dryanimtt

Dryanimtt

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Got a 5gal jug in the back for freshwater and a2.5 gal jug with kalkwasser that I dose with a dosing pump. Works great! Kalkwasser is where it's at is all I can say

OP
OP
Dryanimtt

Dryanimtt

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Inside the cabinet now. Would still like to clean up the wires. Might get some of those wire tracks or whatever they're called to clean it up.

OP
OP
Dryanimtt

Dryanimtt

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Small update:
Corals are doing great! Got a couple of sticks in there too. Feeling good about everything. Got another SOW 8 jabao pump on the other side of the overflow. The flow is just about prefect now. Got a new skimmer in as well, maxspect jump, it's awesome. That reef octopus 110 i had just want cutting it.
20210125_185416.jpg
20210125_185323.jpg
20210125_222309.jpg

OP
OP
Dryanimtt

Dryanimtt

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sorry for the long delay in an update, been busy with life. Anyway, I'll take a few pics of the system and give an update tomorrow. Things have just been trucking along really. Still have some small ups and downs but nothing drastic like I was having before. Tank is more or less finding its real stability progressively faster now.

OP
OP
Dryanimtt

Dryanimtt

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I swear I'm coming with an update lol... sorry life has been busy the last couple of months. Wife had another baby and construction going on at my house, enough said lol.... but seriously I'm coming with an update soon

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 98 88.3%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 6 5.4%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 4 3.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.7%
Back