Dryanimtt

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Recently acquired a 93g cube 30x30x24. I think it was a custom built tank as I haven't seen any others like it. Bought the whole setup from someone and plan to use as much as that equipment as I can. Fairly new to the saltwater scene. I have a 13.5g fluval evo going, but I've never had anything bigger than that. So, this will be a first for me and hopefully by sharing with the community you will teach me alot of things.

Equipment so far:
93g custom cube w/ center overflow
Custom built stand? I assume
Maxspect razor 16k 160w
Jabeo dcp 650 return
40g homemade sump
Tunze top off
Bubble magus v7
And Some other misc stuff

A few pics of the tank cleaned up and break
20200630_193553.jpg
down and refinishing of the stand is in progress.
20200630_165233.jpg
20200630_193535.jpg

OP
OP
Dryanimtt

Dryanimtt

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Question about the light setup if anyone has knowledge on maxspect razors. Would this light be enough for the tank?

It's the r420r 160w 16k with the 90 lenses. If not would it be enough if I upgraded lenses to the 120s and upgrade pads to the 180w 15k and supplement with the t5 retro fits on each wing?

Super Fly

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a 93 cube but corner overflow. That's a nice buy and IMO stand looks better in white. Think the Maxspect should be fine on 93 cube. In case u haven't yet, please clean tank w bleach to sanitize prior to use since it's a used tank or else may end up with water issues. Any plan yet as far as livestock and what type of tank you're interested in?

OP
OP
Dryanimtt

Dryanimtt

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a 93 cube but corner overflow. That's a nice buy and IMO stand looks better in white. Think the Maxspect should be fine on 93 cube. In case u haven't yet, please clean tank w bleach to sanitize prior to use since it's a used tank or else may end up with water issues. Any plan yet as far as livestock and what type of tank you're interested in?
Yea agreed, stand is much better in white. Previous owner had multiple layer of black paint, wasn't fun getting it off. The tank is definitely a unique one. Currently in the process of setting up the plumbing and hashing out the aquascape so I can start curing cycling the rock. For the type of tank, thinking mixed, possibly sps dominant but time will tell. Stock wise I haven't put a ton of thought into it yet, but I know for sure at least a yellow tang.

Super Fly

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yea agreed, stand is much better in white. Previous owner had multiple layer of black paint, wasn't fun getting it off. The tank is definitely a unique one. Currently in the process of setting up the plumbing and hashing out the aquascape so I can start curing cycling the rock. For the type of tank, thinking mixed, possibly sps dominant but time will tell. Stock wise I haven't put a ton of thought into it yet, but I know for sure at least a yellow tang.
gotta have a yellow tang. Mine’s mostly softie... need to prune corals but too lazy. LOL!

OP
OP
Dryanimtt

Dryanimtt

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Made a little progress, figured I'd update. Got the stand finished, sir, doors on, and in its final resting place. Going to be doing a Herbie style drain but tank only has two holes in the overflow. So going to run the return up the back. I'll be redoing the sump as well to create space for a refugium. Got a friend coming tomorrow to help me put the tank on the stand. I started routing some of the wiring as well while I waited for help to put the tank on the stand.
20200715_010653.jpg
20200715_010758.jpg
20200715_010955.jpg
20200715_011052.jpg

OP
OP
Dryanimtt

Dryanimtt

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yea I went with the cabinet enamel paint after sanding and priming the stand. Get that hardened finished surface. Good stuff. Your tank looks good. Trying to come up with aquascape. Taking ideas here and there. Kind of tough cause a 92g cube with a center overflow like mine seems rare to come by. At least from my exhaustive searches.

OP
OP
Dryanimtt

Dryanimtt

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I cleaned the tank and everything I got with it with vinegar.

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
I had one and a tank you will love
Razors should do good.
Mine had a pair of Ai primes and were ideal for fish and coral

OP
OP
Dryanimtt

Dryanimtt

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I had one and a tank you will love
Razors should do good.
Mine had a pair of Ai primes and were ideal for fish and coral
Yea but I will just have the razor for now. Actually sending it in to get the 180w 15k pads and 120 reflectors. Hopefully that will be sufficient.

Super Fly

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I cleaned the tank and everything I got with it with vinegar.
If it was me, after connecting sump and tank I'd fill tank & sump with tap water and 1-2 cups of bleach then let it run with any used equipment placed inside for 24 hrs then drain, rinse and let it sit for few days so bleach can evaporate. Vinegar will not kill everything but bleach will, there was another post recently of someone who cleaned a used tank only w vinegar to end up with tank issues months down the road. I buy 99% used equipment and always clean with bleach prior to use since I do not know what condition the previous tank was in.
Here's my aquascape, before and after. GSP rock was added later
Tank.jpg
tank1.jpg

OP
OP
Dryanimtt

Dryanimtt

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If it was me, after connecting sump and tank I'd fill tank & sump with tap water and 1-2 cups of bleach then let it run with any used equipment placed inside for 24 hrs then drain, rinse and let it sit for few days so bleach can evaporate. Vinegar will not kill everything but bleach will, there was another post recently of someone who cleaned a used tank only w vinegar to end up with tank issues months down the road. I buy 99% used equipment and always clean with bleach prior to use since I do not know what condition the previous tank was in.
Tank.jpg
tank1.jpg
Yea think I will do that once I get the tank set up. Seems like bleach wouldn't be to good for the seals in the pump though. But if you've had no issues then I guess it's ok lol. Thanks

OP
OP
Dryanimtt

Dryanimtt

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Tank.jpg
tank1.jpg
Tank looks good btw!

Super Fly

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yea think I will do that once I get the tank set up. Seems like bleach wouldn't be to good for the seals in the pump though. But if you've had no issues then I guess it's ok lol. Thanks
Just make sure to rinse well with clean water after bleach bath and let it sit for few days to evaporate chlorine, if u want after draining bleach water u can also let tank run w clean water and few carbon bags before letting it sit. Actually bleach is fine for equipment, it's vinegar that's more corrosive and damaging to seals in the pump. Reason why folks are switching to citric acid to clean pumps these days. I use Milliard Citric Acid bought from Amazon.

OP
OP
Dryanimtt

Dryanimtt

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just make sure to rinse well with clean water after bleach bath and let it sit for few days to evaporate chlorine, if u want after draining bleach water u can also let tank run w clean water and few carbon bags before letting it sit. Actually bleach is fine for equipment, it's vinegar that's more corrosive and damaging to seals in the pump. Reason why folks are switching to citric acid to clean pumps these days. I use Milliard Citric Acid bought from Amazon.
Good point sir. Didn't even think of using citric acid.

Back