Dead anthias = giant flatworm!!!!

  • Thread starter Thread starter Troylee
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

Troylee

all about the diy!!!!!
View Badges
Joined
Jan 15, 2010
Messages
22,398
Reaction score
24,088
Location
Vegas baby!!!!
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Man I found my square back anthias dead this morning :( and when I scooped it out I found this giant flat worm about the size a quarter!!!! Any idea what it is??!! Arrrrrrrr...
7f24db41.jpg
 
im not sure if it killed it or it was eating it after it died etc... scary looking man!!!!!! looks like a gigantic aefw!!!!! scared the crap out of me i got a sps reef lol....
 
Kinda looks like one I found last year. Someone ID'd it on another forum as a mollusk eating flatworm
Untitled-1.jpg
 
Its a flatworm that eats snails and clams. Get it out of your system

I dont think it killed your fish though.
 
Wow, you baited this sucker out!! Wonder if you have more in there?
 
don't know and i hope not.... i just scooped the anthias out and noticed my net looked funny like it plugged in place and upon further inspection i noticed it was a huge flat worm...:( i dont have any snails or clams thanks to my copperband or aptaisa for that matter lol.....
 
Hmmm I wonder if silversides would work??? I know back when I had my stingray if he didn't eat them all my nitrates would sky rocket... Don't know if it's worth it...:( I have nothing left for them to eat no snails no clams etc.. Just corals and fish..
 
I had a polyclad flatworm that wiped out about 30 snails. I had to tear down half my tank to catch it! Nasty little bugger! Mine was 4 inches long when spread out!
IMG_5050.jpg
 
Last edited:

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 4 4.1%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 6 6.2%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 21 21.6%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 29 29.9%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 1.0%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 9 9.3%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 8 8.2%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 12 12.4%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 7 7.2%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new