Dear Duncan, are you okay?

Tarabelle

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Does my Duncan look stressed? I think it does.

I came from vacation and of course the tank needed some love because my daughter is only good for top offs and feeding. (I think she’s feeding too much, but I digress)

Photos of before and now…. In the comments.

I have an condy that went ape **** two weeks ago and kept moving and finally landed too close to Duncan so I have him, but i think it may be too much light in the new place and moved it from under the light similar to where it was before.

HELP

IMG_6096.jpeg IMG_5976.jpeg IMG_6396.jpeg IMG_6394.jpeg

Rjukan

Day Dreamer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Does my Duncan look stressed? I think it does.

I came from vacation and of course the tank needed some love because my daughter is only good for top offs and feeding. (I think she’s feeding too much, but I digress)

Photos of before and now…. In the comments.

I have an condy that went ape **** two weeks ago and kept moving and finally landed too close to Duncan so I have him, but i think it may be too much light in the new place and moved it from under the light similar to where it was before.

HELP
Need those pictures..

OP
OP
T

Tarabelle

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Pics from no longer than a week or two ago and then now

Attachments

• IMG_6096.jpeg
    IMG_6096.jpeg
    578 KB · Views: 28
  • IMG_5976.jpeg
    IMG_5976.jpeg
    166.3 KB · Views: 20
  • IMG_6396.jpeg
    IMG_6396.jpeg
    179.7 KB · Views: 18
  • IMG_6394.jpeg
    IMG_6394.jpeg
    181.2 KB · Views: 18
  • IMG_6392.jpeg
    IMG_6392.jpeg
    226 KB · Views: 18

EricR

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How's it going with these?
I'd wonder what experts (not me) think about the gaping mouths in the last few photos -- that part would scare me.

I only have two Duncans -- one has sprouted new heads and keeps growing while the other seems like it's kinda going downhill (after doing well for a couple of months) -- so I basically have no idea.

crazyfishmom

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
When the mouths are gaping like that I normally think two things: 1) starving coral or 2) big shift in nutrients. What do your phosphates and nitrates look like? I might consider a water change and some food for this guy.

OP
OP
T

Tarabelle

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How's it going with these?
I'd wonder what experts (not me) think about the gaping mouths in the last few photos -- that part would scare me.

I only have two Duncans -- one has sprouted new heads and keeps growing while the other seems like it's kinda going downhill (after doing well for a couple of months) -- so I basically have no idea.
The open mouths is what prompted my post. They are doing much better since I moved them from directly under the light. I did my regular water change and adjusted my feeding of phytofeast. Hopefully it will continue to fluff back up and get some of the flakes again.

How much do you care about having a display FREE of wires, pumps and equipment?

• Want it squeaky clean! Wires be danged!

Votes: 83 44.9%
  • A few things are ok with me!

Votes: 85 45.9%
  • No care at all! Bring it on!

Votes: 17 9.2%
Back