Dear Duncan, are you okay?

Tarabelle

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Does my Duncan look stressed? I think it does.

I came from vacation and of course the tank needed some love because my daughter is only good for top offs and feeding. (I think she’s feeding too much, but I digress)

Photos of before and now…. In the comments.

I have an condy that went ape **** two weeks ago and kept moving and finally landed too close to Duncan so I have him, but i think it may be too much light in the new place and moved it from under the light similar to where it was before.

HELP

IMG_6096.jpeg IMG_5976.jpeg IMG_6396.jpeg IMG_6394.jpeg

Rjukan

Day Dreamer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Does my Duncan look stressed? I think it does.

I came from vacation and of course the tank needed some love because my daughter is only good for top offs and feeding. (I think she’s feeding too much, but I digress)

Photos of before and now…. In the comments.

I have an condy that went ape **** two weeks ago and kept moving and finally landed too close to Duncan so I have him, but i think it may be too much light in the new place and moved it from under the light similar to where it was before.

HELP
Need those pictures..

OP
OP
T

Tarabelle

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Pics from no longer than a week or two ago and then now

Attachments

• IMG_6096.jpeg
    IMG_6096.jpeg
    578 KB · Views: 28
  • IMG_5976.jpeg
    IMG_5976.jpeg
    166.3 KB · Views: 20
  • IMG_6396.jpeg
    IMG_6396.jpeg
    179.7 KB · Views: 19
  • IMG_6394.jpeg
    IMG_6394.jpeg
    181.2 KB · Views: 19
  • IMG_6392.jpeg
    IMG_6392.jpeg
    226 KB · Views: 19

EricR

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How's it going with these?
I'd wonder what experts (not me) think about the gaping mouths in the last few photos -- that part would scare me.

I only have two Duncans -- one has sprouted new heads and keeps growing while the other seems like it's kinda going downhill (after doing well for a couple of months) -- so I basically have no idea.

crazyfishmom

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
When the mouths are gaping like that I normally think two things: 1) starving coral or 2) big shift in nutrients. What do your phosphates and nitrates look like? I might consider a water change and some food for this guy.

OP
OP
T

Tarabelle

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How's it going with these?
I'd wonder what experts (not me) think about the gaping mouths in the last few photos -- that part would scare me.

I only have two Duncans -- one has sprouted new heads and keeps growing while the other seems like it's kinda going downhill (after doing well for a couple of months) -- so I basically have no idea.
The open mouths is what prompted my post. They are doing much better since I moved them from directly under the light. I did my regular water change and adjusted my feeding of phytofeast. Hopefully it will continue to fluff back up and get some of the flakes again.

Back