December Meeting - CTARS Annual Holiday Party

chriskid

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This year for the month of December we are going to continue the tradition of our holiday get-together as well as the fun & games that Eric brought to us last year!

Would would like to ask our members to please bring a dish to share at the meeting.
We reef keepers have shown what wonderful chef's we are in the interim of caring for our tanks, lets see what we can put together this year!
CTARS will provide the plates, napkins, cups and silverware.

Nicole (SassaWrasse) is once again putting the reef trivia game together for us! The winning team this year will win a reef-related prize!

And because it was so much fun last year and got a ton of laughs we will continue the tradition of last years 'Yankee Swap'!
All members who would like to participate in the 'Yankee swap' should bring a reef-related wrapped gift of an approximate $20 value.

If you've never participated in one of these before, here is how it works:
Each player picks from a hat a number from one up to the total number of participants. Each person gets a crack at picking a gift according to his or her number. The person who picks the first gift opens it to show it to the rest of the company. Then the number two participant picks a gift and chooses to either unwrap it or swap it for an unwrapped gift. If the gift is swapped, the person who had their gift taken from them gets to unwrap the new gift. The game goes on until everyone has had their chance and then, typically number one has the choice to either keep their gift or swap it with anyone elses gift.

We look forward to seeing everyone at:

The Lutz Children's Museum
247 South Main Street
Manchester‎, CT‎ 06040

Sunday, December 14th, 2014
At 5:00 PM

Red88rick

Ctars Zoa Addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Jason (Vaiodude) and I will be bringing a brownie/ cookie platter.

Aww no bagels. Me and my GF have been hooked since you posted about it. Been going every weekend ha. I do love brownies.

I'll have the old lady make up aomething for this. Sounds very fun and of course can't wait to get my grow out frag!!!

AquaMama13

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm sorry, no bagels :( I bake some mean brownies and cookies though, you won't be disappointed

phillrodrigo

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'll get my mom to do a lasagna or something. In the chef and always ask my mom haha. I work that day so it's hard for me to do it

treemanone2003

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Please add 2 more to the list. Myself and Angelmom2 will be attending and we'll figure out something to bring along. Is there an idea of the number attending ?

Vaiodude

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If I wanted to join the group as a new member should I just show up or register on the ctars site?

Either way works, I will be making membership cards at the meeting so if you do sign up there you will get your card right away. I hope you will be able to attend the meeting. Our December meeting is always a good time.

ChiefAcan

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Either way works, I will be making membership cards at the meeting so if you do sign up there you will get your card right away. I hope you will be able to attend the meeting. Our December meeting is always a good time.

Thanks! I might participate in the swap. Those are always fun.

Bryan47

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Where is the thread where we can post what we have for sale and what we are looking for?

OP
OP
chriskid

chriskid

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Where is the thread where we can post what we have for sale and what we are looking for?
holy crap my bad totally slipped my mind, it will be up shortly

ps...CTARS is providing cups :)

Last edited:

Bryan47

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Not sure if I am attending so I will have to rescind my offer on the soda :(

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 39 24.2%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 54 33.5%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 49 30.4%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 15 9.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 2.5%
Back