Holiday Reef Recap: Did you get any reef-related Christmas presents?

Did you get any reef-related Christmas presents?

• Yes, I received reef-related presents.

Votes: 108 52.4%
  • No, I did not receive any reef-related presents.

Votes: 73 35.4%
  • Do fish-themed socks count?

Votes: 5 2.4%
  • Coal in my stocking again.

Votes: 13 6.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 13 6.3%

• Total voters

Dbichler

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I don’t hate receiving or giving gifts, I just don’t need a holiday as a reason for my wife and I to buy things we want. Christmas for us is a reason to buy our two kids presents, because they don’t have money throughout the year to buy things they want (at least not all of the time).
Once we had kids we decided we wouldn’t buy for each other, and admittedly part of that may have been because when my kids were little we didn’t have a lot of spare money to spend on ourselves and it seemed selfish to buy ourselves something if it meant the kids didn’t receive something else that they wanted. Now that we are better off financially that has stuck with me.
Same here

aslmx

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I bought an IM 50 lagoon months ago before we moved in the new house. I got orders for Christmas.
“Get what ever you need to set that tank set up and get that little ugly one out of here!”
1703626443268.gif

Debramb

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I got the most Awesome gift for B-Day and Christmas……. Dr Reef Quarentined fish has my new tank additions for new (to us) 125gL aquarium w/40 g sump! He’s agreed to let me give the go ahead to start his 4 week quarantine when we do Tank transfer
When we start new aquarium w/LR and cycled substrate. Having alittle trouble stabilizing PH though. Have to be better at testing!!!! New Year’s resolution. Phosphate is 0, Nitrate 0, and I feel heavy!
Debra

redfishbluefish

Stay Positive, Stay Productive
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Santa left me two fish in my stocking. I'm contemplating pulling a @Paul B and putting them directly into the tank without quarantine.

Dory and Nemo.jpg

Cichlid Dad

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
One reef gift: wife gave me an old-school small photo album filled with 4x6 pics of my fish and inverts. The quality of the pics isn't perfect, but the thought and kindness was about as good as it gets. She said it's for me to take to work and show my coworkers (half-joking). Funny thing is, I think she enjoyed the process and loves my tank and its inhabitants more than she did before the project.
Very cool! It's great when our spouses get how important this Hobby is to us

Cichlid Dad

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Maybe not specifically reef related, but I got some cash and visa cards I can use on reef equipment haha
All you had to say was cash and cards- we all know where it's going! :rolling-on-the-floor-laughing:

ClownSchool

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Christmas has come and gone for another year (yes, I realize that some gifts are yet to be given and received in this holiday season), so let’s take a moment to see what aquarium gear or other reef stuff showed up under your tree or in your stocking. I realize that some of you may have received some well-deserved coal (hopefully in the form of activated carbon), but hopefully you also unwrapped some other saltwater items. Please let us know if you got any reef-related Christmas presents? If so, we’d love to see pictures!

Headstronggrafx_ChmasTree.jpeg

Photo by @HeadStrongGrafx

This QOTD is sponsored by: www.tckcorals.com

TCK_logo.png
I got a couple frags. A Helios and Snow Dragon.

NoAhoysLeft

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
1703654727314.jpeg

Yep I got a package from BRS.

I got some glue, eheim jager and a replacement, RODI shutoff and stop valves, filter socks for my Innovative Marine 15 gallon Nuvo desktop aquarium, an IceCap gravity ATO, an eheim grabby arm thing, and some Reef Rax purple magnet frag shelves (with them I can put a total of 3 frags).

Pretty excited although my gravity ATO is malfunctioning (the 1st one I own works fine, this one doesn't for some reason).

KrisReef

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My wife and I do not buy for each other at Christmas, and only buy for the kids. So I guess no I didn’t get anything reef related.
It amazes me that adults receive presents on Christmas.
Michael Caine Christmas GIF by Sky
My wife must have a present for birthdays and Xmas so I try to get her something because she likes to open presents.

I like buying things for people when I find something that I know they will like and appreciate. I bought a buddy who had eloped a nail gun(no pun intended) when we were at the hardware store and he had told me he had made an honest woman of the gal he had been living with. I was shopping for fish fittings and he saw the nailer and had been looking for one since someone borrowed his out of the bed of his truck. It was the first wedding gift they’d gotten since his family had not been invited when they went to the Justice of the Peace on a spur of the moment the Friday before.

My wife gave me 4 shirts for Xmas this year that were two small for me so I told her to send them to our youngest son. Otherwise he would have gotten nothing from me.

She had already sent our kids a bunch of gift stuff but I try to buy them all useful items when I see that they can use a “nailer” or whatever they could use. It might be in July and I might not wrap it but I enjoy finding and giving when it happens, and let Jesus have His own birthday party with Santa the Clown climbing all over the roof and people playing Xmas tunes celebrating the season for themselves and family and friends and Black Friday it all makes after Thanksgiving a really special time.
David Attenborough Cat GIF

Wow. That was dark!
Merry Christmas is cool too, just not big on Christmas gifts .

_aka_olive_

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Christmas has come and gone for another year (yes, I realize that some gifts are yet to be given and received in this holiday season), so let’s take a moment to see what aquarium gear or other reef stuff showed up under your tree or in your stocking. I realize that some of you may have received some well-deserved coal (hopefully in the form of activated carbon), but hopefully you also unwrapped some other saltwater items. Please let us know if you got any reef-related Christmas presents? If so, we’d love to see pictures!

TCK_logo.png

TCK_logo.png
My husband bought me a giant bubble coral and my best friend gave my a gift card to my favorite LFS

Attachments

• IMG_2103.jpeg
    IMG_2103.jpeg
    210.5 KB · Views: 15

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 19 14.0%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 9 6.6%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 21 15.4%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 77 56.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 9 6.6%
Back