deciding on switching brightwell AB to aquaforest 1+2+3+

nathan212178

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
im not too sure which supplement i should switch to, so far i have been using reefcode A and B but have not seen alot of growth except for my soft corals for the past year, i saw that aquaforest had a bundle of 1+2+3+ that didnt cost alot for how much supply there was as well as saw alot of pros with it but not too sure if i should switch or keep running with what i have, i dont know which is best for a 20 gallon mixed nano reef
i kept my levels at alk-9,cal-420, and mag-1350, dosing cal-6.8, alk-10.5, and mag-3.2

i dont know if i should switch to aquaforest 1+2+3+ or maybe something else like all for reef, but again im not too sure and wanna get some thoughts on the many kinds of brands for dosing
everything else is fine and been trying to keep up with water changes as needed and if there is any questions please ask

Randy Holmes-Farley

Reef Chemist
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I doubt that the brand of two part is going to substantially alter coral growth rates if you maintain the same alkalinity and pH.

if you are focusing on trace element additions, I’d use an independent additive such as Tropic Marin A and K as an experiment.

Going off the ledge: Would you be interested in a drop off aquarium?

• I currently have a drop off style aquarium

Votes: 2 1.2%
  • I don’t currently have a drop off style aquarium, but I have in the past.

Votes: 3 1.8%
  • I haven’t had a drop off style aquarium, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 26 15.6%
  • I am interested in a drop off style aquarium, but have no plans to add one in the future.

Votes: 80 47.9%
  • I am not interested in a drop off style aquarium.

Votes: 52 31.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 2.4%
Back