!!!DELTEC OLD STOCK BLOW OUT!!!!!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Battlecorals

Aquaculturist
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Well now that these are officially off the site, I am going to go ahead and blow out the last of my Deltec SC skimmer inventory with some cool perks included. These guys are no longer in production, but pumps and parts are still readily available. Skimmers are brand new and I will include a full one year warranty. This is an incredible opportunity to get a Deltec on your system!

SC1351 DC internal with new Sinewave pump/controller and manual wiper head. Good for up to 100 gallons easy.

IMG_0534.jpeg

Convertable SC1351 with AC and DC pumps and necessary hardware. Can be converted to AC or DC. 399.00

IMG_0535.jpeg

SC1455 good up to 200 gallons. Manual wiper head and cup drain hose/valve included 449.00

IMG_0536.jpeg

Midrats

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Too bad the smallest one is still probably complete overkill for my Reefer Nano.

Last edited:

Midrats

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
With the sump 28g. Water depth in the skimmer section is 8". I do like to feed a lot and was thinking about changing it from LPS and leathers to full Battlecoral.

Samira Waters

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
looking for a replacement skimmer for my waterbox 75. skimmer compartment is 9x8 inches would the 1351 fit?? and with dc motor both air water level and water speed are adjustable correct? asuming it would fit how much shipped to 34761?

Midrats

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
looking for a replacement skimmer for my waterbox 75. skimmer compartment is 9x8 inches would the 1351 fit?? and with dc motor both air water level and water speed are adjustable correct? asuming it would fit how much shipped to 34761?
I don't think it will fit, it's almost 10"

OP
OP
Battlecorals

Battlecorals

Aquaculturist
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0

I think so actually, will get back to this in just a sec.

Midrats

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My skimmer section is almost the same dims. 9.4"x8.3"

OP
OP
Battlecorals

Battlecorals

Aquaculturist
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
got anything in recirculating for ~400g? o_O

Hi there

They actually haven't made "recircs" for years now. The old black AP's were the last of their recirculating line. Before they released the SC and TC line back in 09, The guys at Deltec concluded that contrary to popular belief "contact time" and recirculation was not necessary at all. They went on to explain that those extra tiny bubbles produced attract all the dissolved organics they'll pick up within an instant of entering the water

And here's a direct quote, From Deltec "The air to water ratio is so high, that there is an almost immediate reaction with the waste, therefore there is no requirement for the tall reaction chambers found on other low air skimmers, thus keeping the units compact."

Silent

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
These are awesome skimmers. Size it appropriately as these are very good skimmers. Very little fiddling once broken in.

OP
OP
Battlecorals

Battlecorals

Aquaculturist
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0

Oh and it would be a really tight squeeze but it would fit in there. my concern would that turnover or "flow through" in that chamber would be too low. Ultimately the 400i would probably be a better fit

Samira Waters

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Oh and it would be a really tight squeeze but it would fit in there. my concern would that turnover or "flow through" in that chamber would be too low. Ultimately the 400i would probably be a better fit

do you have the 400 I in stock and on sale?

NeverlosT

SPS nut
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi there

They actually haven't made "recircs" for years now. The old black AP's were the last of their recirculating line. Before they released the SC and TC line back in 09, The guys at Deltec concluded that contrary to popular belief "contact time" and recirculation was not necessary at all. They went on to explain that those extra tiny bubbles produced attract all the dissolved organics they'll pick up within an instant of entering the water

And here's a direct quote, From Deltec "The air to water ratio is so high, that there is an almost immediate reaction with the waste, therefore there is no requirement for the tall reaction chambers found on other low air skimmers, thus keeping the units compact."

Thanks Adam! Do they share any of their data? That contact time importance is more than a popular belief, it has many decades of waste management engineering behind it. It may very well be different for aquariums due to lower concentrations of waste in the water than the average waste water treatment process. Anyhow, would be awesome to see their data, that would be a massive boon for single pass needlewheel skimmers if they were able to prove that higher contact time taller/larger skimmers are not necessary. I have heard great things about the Deltecs, I will reach out for my upcoming build needs!

OP
OP
Battlecorals

Battlecorals

Aquaculturist
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Hey Adam, care to recommend a Deltec skimmer for a 140 gallon system? A Red Sea Reefer 525xl system to be exact.

there,

absolutely! The 1455 in this thread would be a great fit man. Or if you wanted the new line then the 1000ix which is the updated version of the 1455 would be a great option as well.

OP
OP
Battlecorals

Battlecorals

Aquaculturist
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Thanks Adam! Do they share any of their data? That contact time importance is more than a popular belief, it has many decades of waste management engineering behind it. It may very well be different for aquariums due to lower concentrations of waste in the water than the average waste water treatment process. Anyhow, would be awesome to see their data, that would be a massive boon for single pass needlewheel skimmers if they were able to prove that higher contact time taller/larger skimmers are not necessary. I have heard great things about the Deltecs, I will reach out for my upcoming build needs!

Hi there,

I pulled that quote off of the old Deltec site back in 09 when they first released the TC/SC line. I don't know that they have published any of their actual data though on this. But if you'll bear an anecdote, I ran AP902 for years. Big tall recirc skimmer.

When I upgraded to the (dinky by comparison) 2560, which was the equivalent model. I was in no way ready to believe that it would match the performance of the 902, let alone outperform it as they were boasting. But it did. And skimmate production was just as thick and dry and plentiful as it was with the 902. This is the point I became a believer in their new design for what its worth.I still have the old 902 and have been tempted to run it head to head with the 2560 on my larger system, but I just haven't had the drive to do it. I mean I know how well they both work lol. Totally convinced.

Also not sure if you are aware of this nugget, but Deltec was the original inventor of the needle wheel nearly 30 years ago now. And they have never stopped refining their product. As far as I'm concerned any other skimmer running a NW is just a copycat. lol

OP
OP
Battlecorals

Battlecorals

Aquaculturist
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
I run the 1351 on a 75g and the 1455 on our 150g; Love them both and wouldnt trade 'em for anything.

With you there! thanks a lot for the post

All three skimmers still available and i have a small used Deltec calcium reactor I think I'll add to the mix as well pics coming soon

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 17 15.5%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 6 5.5%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 18 16.4%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 61 55.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 7.3%
Back