OP
Dr. Dendrostein

Dr. Dendrostein

Marine fish monthly
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Is this for the order you are planning from the supplier in Kenya?
Yup, two hurtles when ordering, vendor willing to ship small order & shipping. Vendor trying to hook me up with one of his transhipers. He'll let me know Monday.

Screenshot_2018-08-18-21-23-12-1.png

Eagle_Steve

Grandpa of Cronies
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yup, two hurtles when ordering, vendor willing to ship small order & shipping. Vendor trying to hook me up with one of his transhipers. He'll let me know Monday.

Screenshot_2018-08-18-21-23-12-1.png
Getting hooked up with a transhipper would be awesome.

OP
OP
Dr. Dendrostein

Dr. Dendrostein

Marine fish monthly
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just a bit over a year. I have recently started dripping phyto and dosing a mix of powdered foods. The PE on it has been seen more often with lights on, which I love. So hopefully it will grow a little quicker, as it will be moving to a seahorse only tank once it cycles. I want it to be the centerpiece. I have some photosynthetic gorgs as well, but to me they just are not as good looking. NPS critters always seem to have the best colors. Eye popping colors and you do not need UV or blue to bring it out.
If you ever notice your water parameters going out of whack because of feeding. Then instead of feeding through the day start when it gets dark and see how that works feed at night only. Or feed in the daytime like 8 to 12 hours and see how that works out that's if your water parameters get out of line. Me I feed every hour very little and do it every hour when it gets dark. The way I feed I know my nitrates are rising corals don't mind it but pretty soon I'll be using the sulfur denitrator.

Eagle_Steve

Grandpa of Cronies
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If you ever notice your water parameters going out of whack because of feeding. Then instead of feeding through the day start when it gets dark and see how that works feed at night only. Or feed in the daytime like 8 to 12 hours and see how that works out that's if your water parameters get out of line. Me I feed every hour very little and do it every hour when it gets dark. The way I feed I know my nitrates are rising corals don't mind it but pretty soon I'll be using the sulfur denitrator.
I feed my mix at 1.1ml and hour 24 times a day. Photo equates to about 1ml and hour also. Of course most of that volume is RODI. Since doing this, I was able to stop dosing nitrates in that tank via my doser and only rely on what I mix into my ATO water. This tank destroys nitrates, and that has always been a problem. I now aim for 10 and have been about steady there with the new setup. The fun part will be when I get a nps dedicated tank setup and have to start all over with figuring out what works for it and the critters lol.

OP
OP
Dr. Dendrostein

Dr. Dendrostein

Marine fish monthly
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I feed my mix at 1.1ml and hour 24 times a day. Photo equates to about 1ml and hour also. Of course most of that volume is RODI. Since doing this, I was able to stop dosing nitrates in that tank via my doser and only rely on what I mix into my ATO water. This tank destroys nitrates, and that has always been a problem. I now aim for 10 and have been about steady there with the new setup. The fun part will be when I get a nps dedicated tank setup and have to start all over with figuring out what works for it and the critters lol.
At first I over feed , even now I think I'm over feeding, that's why I needed to add oysters. The additional tank I add , I need to also add CUC.

OP
OP
Dr. Dendrostein

Dr. Dendrostein

Marine fish monthly
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Long time no read. How's it going? Have you had enough success to have growth?
Been awhile, found one dendronephthya colonie that's hardy, unfortunately I got pneumonia 11/2 month ago, sick 4weeks 1/2. Tank got neglected, never in my life got that sick, I may have had legionairs disease, just a hunch.
This dendronephthya hardy

download-1.jpg

erk

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've had a Gyre XF150 running for 3 years or so with no issues. I would suspect your power since you've had this many issues. You mention you keep these animals out in a cabin. I'd wonder if you are getting frequent power interrupts or drops/surges.

OP
OP
Dr. Dendrostein

Dr. Dendrostein

Marine fish monthly
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've had a Gyre XF150 running for 3 years or so with no issues. I would suspect your power since you've had this many issues. You mention you keep these animals out in a cabin. I'd wonder if you are getting frequent power interrupts or drops/surges.
Odd thing is I was there when it happened. But, I've checked my voltage, could been a surge. No surge suppressor. Need to add now.

OP
OP
Dr. Dendrostein

Dr. Dendrostein

Marine fish monthly
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I've been running, tweaking the next generation of laminar flow tank. 3mo. ago got sick for 4 1/2 weeks. Some children survived. Good news, I have 15+ tiny sun polyps, 1 tiny black sun coral polyps. All growing.
So I've moved hopefully for good, permanently.

My last design tank will be a 90 gallon or a little bigger bow front tank, bow side will be back side for space to pumps.

For now planning stages have 80% of equipment. Gotta plan

20190521_123058.jpg

Bubbles, bubbles, and more bubbles: Do you keep bubble-like corals in your reef?

• I currently have bubble-like corals in my reef.

Votes: 20 34.5%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef, but I have in the past.

Votes: 7 12.1%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 19 32.8%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 11 19.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 1.7%
Back