OP
Dr. Dendrostein

Dr. Dendrostein

Marine fish monthly
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Okay, one more,you see this little sclero it's about three quarters of an inch tall the crushed Coral underneath it is about twice its weight and it actually must balloon itself somehow because it moves around where it likes to, really odd.

20190530_104219.jpg

Last edited:

Eagle_Steve

Grandpa of Cronies
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Okay, one more,you see this little sclero it's about three quarters of an inch tall the crushed Coral underneath it is about twice its weight and it actually it must balloon itself somehow because it moves around where it likes to really odd.

20190530_104219.jpg
They will blow up big like a sail and drift if they can until they find a spot they like. It is actually pretty cool.

OP
OP
Dr. Dendrostein

Dr. Dendrostein

Marine fish monthly
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
WOW!!! Yup, it's a dendronephthya colony, polyps look like fushia pink, if red, maybe from Kenya. Not Tonga, Tonga has more sclerites. Tonga the stalk is redish/white throughout. If pink, I wonder from where. There's one member here had one and babies,had just under 1 year, spot feed with plastic drinking bottle. Last time I talk to him, coral got tangled in stream pump.
Didn't live. :(

Yours is very healthy, take care of it. You know, I have every rock from each of my colonies came on. I use as live rock in refugium like filter. I've come to see water perimeters need to be super clean, for most colonies. The brown looking ones, looks like they can thrive in dirty waters. Hardy. Send me pictures every week. Let us know what you observe. Many thanks, comrade

e7a065c4b873b35bb7f9c2a5f6cddc0f.jpg

Eagle_Steve

Grandpa of Cronies
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
WOW!!! Yup, it's a dendronephthya colony, polyps look like fushia pink, if red, maybe from Kenya. Not Tonga, Tonga has more sclerites. Tonga the stalk is redish/white throughout. If pink, I wonder from where. There's one member here had one and babies,had just under 1 year, spot feed with plastic drinking bottle. Last time I talk to him, coral got tangled in stream pump.
Didn't live. :(

Yours is very healthy, take care of it. You know, I have every rock from each of my colonies came on. I use as live rock in refugium like filter. I've come to see water perimeters need to be super clean, for most colonies. The brown looking ones, looks like they can thrive in dirty waters. Hardy. Send me pictures every week. Let us know what you observe. Many thanks, comrade

e7a065c4b873b35bb7f9c2a5f6cddc0f.jpg
Not a problem and happy to share. It lives in a tank that could go to undetectable no3 and po4 in a day of not dosed. I have found that just a hair of no3 and po4 that they do well. As for where it’s from, the supplier said Kenya and they should be getting some blue ones in soon. If they do, I told my LFS to make sure I got at least one, if not all lol.

OP
OP
Dr. Dendrostein

Dr. Dendrostein

Marine fish monthly
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Not a problem and happy to share. It lives in a tank that could go to undetectable no3 and po4 in a day of not dosed. I have found that just a hair of no3 and po4 that they do well. As for where it’s from, the supplier said Kenya and they should be getting some blue ones in soon. If they do, I told my LFS to make sure I got at least one, if not all lol.
I've never seen only blue ones. Share pictures, please. Thanks for info,comrade.

47585152_348953805891144_8338473632288471445_n.jpg

Last edited:
OP
OP
Dr. Dendrostein

Dr. Dendrostein

Marine fish monthly
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Now we need some pics of once you recharge the DE after it has grabbed all the nasties.
Definitely! And a video on charging this type filter, I increase feeding, looks good still. A little ozone too. Some more dendronephthya colonies, scleronephthya, would be nice to.

coral-reef-Namena-Marine-Reserve-Fiji_cs.jpg

Bubbles, bubbles, and more bubbles: Do you keep bubble-like corals in your reef?

• I currently have bubble-like corals in my reef.

Votes: 27 36.5%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef, but I have in the past.

Votes: 8 10.8%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 24 32.4%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 13 17.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 2.7%
Back