Designer name translations

  • Thread starter Thread starter b4tn
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

b4tn

Valuable Member
View Badges
Joined
Jun 17, 2015
Messages
1,679
Reaction score
2,227
Location
Columbia MD
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I really hate designer names and I am a novice at looking at an acro's coralites and knowing where it comes from and what kind of light it needs. I like to log whenever I add a coral to the tank and read up on its origins. I have recently added the following and aside from the rainbow delight I cant find much info. Can anyone help me out?

Rainbow delight Acropora
Jason Fox Grape juice Acropora
ATL Silver bullet Acropora
BC Ponape Rainbow
Rainbow Nasuta Acropora
 
Rainbow Delight/ BC Ponape are like A. Subulata, I believe. JF Grape probably A. Austera. ATL Silver A. Prostrata/Millepora. And you guessed it.. Rainbow Nasuta is A. Nasuta

Searching any of those species will likely bring up some info on their origins.
 

WHICH TYPE OF REEF CONTENT MOST OFTEN GETS YOU TO PARTICIPATE?

  • Daniel's daily polls. They're awesome! 😎

    Votes: 6 35.3%
  • A real troubleshooting problem

    Votes: 6 35.3%
  • Build-thread or tank-update posts

    Votes: 3 17.6%
  • Before-and-after progress photos

    Votes: 2 11.8%
  • Beginner questions

    Votes: 3 17.6%
  • Honest success or failure stories

    Votes: 4 23.5%
  • A post, update, or article from my favorite vendor

    Votes: 5 29.4%
  • Detailed how-to or educational discussions

    Votes: 7 41.2%
  • Tank tours and member showcases

    Votes: 5 29.4%
  • Local events, swaps, or meetups

    Votes: 4 23.5%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 3 17.6%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new