DESKMATE Q&A

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

ESHOPPS.INC

ESHOPPS REP
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey fam! Here we will answer all your Deskmate questions and inquiries. Just leave your comment below and we will get back with you asap. Thank you so much for your support!
deskmate.jpg

Last edited:

noobster

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How loud is the return pump supposed to be? I set mine up a few days ago and the return pump is rather loud. I can hear it from across the room. I have tried disassembling the pump to find the source of vibration, but no luck. I most likely will order a Newa MN404 or a Sicce Nano to replace it.

Other than the above issue, loving it so far. Once it's cycled, will add some inverts and corals, but probably no fish.

32222957-e898-475c-87d0-e0638199e561.jpg

OP
OP
ESHOPPS.INC

ESHOPPS.INC

ESHOPPS REP
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
DESKMATE EVAPORATION RATE?

We have a few questions about Deskmate's evaporation rate. As some maybe concerned about the evaporation being so bad.

We did our test with the Deskmate we have running in one of our office. Using a 1 gallon container as the ATO Reservoir.
The Deskmate has Nano Fan on to keep water temp stable. Kessil A80 about 8" above water, Nano Skimmer running 24/7, Nano ATO system, and Deskmate has no lid while testing.

The 1 gallon container lasted 4 days with a little water left on the bottom.

In conclusion, the Deskmate's evaporation rate is: 1 gallon every 4-5 days.
Which is not bad at all for a Pico tank.

CoffeeMugOfDoom

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@ESHOPPS.INC What are the dimensions of the main compartment and rear compartment?

I just ordered one and want to start building my rockwork. Figured I’d get started while I’m waiting for it to get here. Also need to figure out what I can fit in the rear compartment.

Thanks!

Last edited:

noobster

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Display Tank - 10.5"L x 8.25"W x 9.5"H
Rear Middle Chamber- 4.75" x 3" x 8" (the 8" is the water line height)
Pump Chamber- 2.25" x 3"
Filter Sock Section 3" x 3" x 8" (this is the approximate dimension underneath the filter sock holder)

Steven Garland

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I replacable piece of colored acrylic or something of that nature in numerous colors (green,pink,orange ect) would be pretty cool for people who like that type of thing Nd have the ability to switch colors.

Not knocking it at all,you guys knocked it out of the park with the tank itself. Just the orange ain't for this fella :D

OP
OP
ESHOPPS.INC

ESHOPPS.INC

ESHOPPS REP
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I replacable piece of colored acrylic or something of that nature in numerous colors (green,pink,orange ect) would be pretty cool for people who like that type of thing Nd have the ability to switch colors.

Not knocking it at all,you guys knocked it out of the park with the tank itself. Just the orange ain't for this fella :D
We hear ya! W just wish other colors reacts as well as the orange one to led lights. But who know...

TheSheff

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I recently setup this tank! I love it so far , but will the amount of micro bubbles go down? I have a ton coming in from the return.

OP
OP
ESHOPPS.INC

ESHOPPS.INC

ESHOPPS REP
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I recently setup this tank! I love it so far , but will the amount of micro bubbles go down? I have a ton coming in from the return.
In our experience, after a few weeks of running the skimmer (break in period) the bubbles should go away. Otherwise if you don't have a skimmer running, just raise the water in the return compartment and that should fix it. In some cases where there is more flow than recommended, I suggest putting a foam or sponge to prevent splashing in the return compartment. If you have further issues, you can contact us at [email protected]

Thank you!!!

mje113

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@ESHOPPS.INC Do you have information on the size/fit of the return nozzle? I'm trying to replace the stock with a 3d printed random flow nozzle, and 1/4" loc-line fitting is too small, and 1/2" loc-line fitting is too large. Is this a custom size? Has anyone figured out a way to replace the stock return?

OP
OP
ESHOPPS.INC

ESHOPPS.INC

ESHOPPS REP
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@ESHOPPS.INC Do you have information on the size/fit of the return nozzle? I'm trying to replace the stock with a 3d printed random flow nozzle, and 1/4" loc-line fitting is too small, and 1/2" loc-line fitting is too large. Is this a custom size? Has anyone figured out a way to replace the stock return?
Hello, Yes, you are correct. It is actually pretty close to WB returns dimensions but not exactly. @Vivid Creative Aquatics sells the RFG for our returns if you are interested.

Vivid Creative Aquatics

Upgrade Your Flow!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@ESHOPPS.INC is correct, it is very close to the WaterBox Cube mini outlet - but not close enough. To get around this , we re-designed our 16.5mm to 1/2in adapters to fit both the DeskMakte as well as well as Waterbox tanks.

The new adapter is now manufactured out of our Flex material, giving the ability to fit both brands of aquariums.

Also - both of the Limited Edition DeskMate Flow kits include this new adapter

mje113

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@ESHOPPS.INC is correct, it is very close to the WaterBox Cube mini outlet - but not close enough. To get around this , we re-designed our 16.5mm to 1/2in adapters to fit both the DeskMakte as well as well as Waterbox tanks.

The new adapter is now manufactured out of our Flex material, giving the ability to fit both brands of aquariums.

Also - both of the Limited Edition DeskMate Flow kits include this new adapter
Cool, ordered and arrived and installed today! Fits great.

Fmchapman08

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey fam! Here we will answer all your Deskmate questions and inquiries. Just leave your comment below and we will get back with you asap. Thank you so much for your support!
deskmate.jpg
Hello, I have had my Deskmate for a few months now and I feel like the return pump is super week. I took it apart again and cleaned everything just to make sure there wasn’t a blockage and it’s still just a trickle of water. Is this normal or did I get a dud?

Algae invading algae: Have you had unwanted algae in your good macroalgae?

• I regularly have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 45 35.7%
  • I occasionally have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 27 21.4%
  • I rarely have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 9 7.1%
  • I never have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 10 7.9%
  • I don’t have macroalgae.

Votes: 31 24.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 3.2%
Back