Detritus!!!

  • Thread starter Thread starter Gwitness
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

Gwitness

Well-Known Member
View Badges
Joined
Jan 3, 2014
Messages
969
Reaction score
75
Location
birmingham
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a 180 mixed reef, corals look great, parameters are where they should be, I have mp40's, I do weekly water changes, but I continue to have detritus build up on my rocks.....whenever I take a turkey baster to my rocks my detritus fills that tank!! I am just curious if this is a common problem and are clean up crews and water changes my only 2 options on getting rid of the crap?? No pun intended!!
 
Sounds as do you are doing everything you can. As long as parameters are okay this is normal. Do you run your mp's on nutrient transport mode before water changes? I have found that it helps to run these on that setting for a couple hours a day to stir it up so it can be filtered out.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 4 4.3%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 6 6.5%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 20 21.5%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 27 29.0%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 1.1%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 9 9.7%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 7 7.5%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 12 12.9%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 7 7.5%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new