OP
sergifed91

sergifed91

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It almost looks like the devils hand is about ready to push out polyps .
I hope so. this waiting game for it to show it's polyps is killing me. I hope it does it when i'm home or awake. I may have to setup my web cam to record it while im at work and esleep

sbazain

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i'm wondering if my shrimp is messing with it when i'm not here or watching the tank. also what placement should it be at? I have it the lower part of the tank. if it needs to be more towards the top I have a spot that I can move it to. just have to move a frag.
I do have mine at the top with the lights hitting it on top Lthough i hace the All cover the Tank thai one every six months starts dropping fingers and they attach anywhere

sbazain

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i'm wondering if my shrimp is messing with it when i'm not here or watching the tank. also what placement should it be at? I have it the lower part of the tank. if it needs to be more towards the top I have a spot that I can move it to. just have to move a frag.
I use to have a goby that would sleep on the leather at first it would get irritated but after a while it wouldn't bother it anymore and would stay opened it's all nature you have to let them be and wait for them to make the move just enjoy

Bayareareefer18

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
IMG_20180920_203221967.jpg
as you can see leathers can be at any level of the tank.
Are those chromis as big as a Desardjini?? Lol

sfin52

So many pedestrians so little time
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Naw they are smaller just an optical illusion. That's just a reg sailfin.

OP
OP
sergifed91

sergifed91

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I use to have a goby that would sleep on the leather at first it would get irritated but after a while it wouldn't bother it anymore and would stay opened it's all nature you have to let them be and wait for them to make the move just enjoy
moved it closer to the top. Land the results are a little better.

15377166808741910554961.jpg

sfin52

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've had them for about four years. So they are on the larger side

sfin52

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Maybe but my nitrates tested at 80 using API and all polyps giving the nitrates the middle finger.

The hair algea is loving them.

Last edited:
OP
OP
sergifed91

sergifed91

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Maybe but my nitrates tested at 80 using API and all polyps giving the nitrates the middle finger.

The hair algea is loving them.
I did notice some what of a change when I did a wc. where it has opened up a little bit more than what it has but still hasn't opened up completely

sfin52

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Mine close up for no apparent reason and then open for no apparent reason. Right now a green clown goby has taken my leather up as his home and the devils hand is not happy. It'll adjust and open up. The finger leather did the same thing with a ycg .

sfin52

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
try increasing flow moderate to a moderate heavy flow.

nano reef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Did this ever open? I Want a devils hand but reading all this maybe not. lol Is this a scarophton type or lobo? I read that sacrophyton is just a toadstool and lobo is a devils but yet I see plenty devils hands advertised a sacrphyton. Dont get it and mile high reefers said sarcophyton devils hands were the best. Does anyone know what the diffence is. Lokks like the base is flat on his sarcophyton devils. I Liked it a lot!

OP
OP
sergifed91

sergifed91

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Did this ever open? I Want a devils hand but reading all this maybe not. lol Is this a scarophton type or lobo? I read that sacrophyton is just a toadstool and lobo is a devils but yet I see plenty devils hands advertised a sacrphyton. Dont get it and mile high reefers said sarcophyton devils hands were the best. Does anyone know what the diffence is. Lokks like the base is flat on his sarcophyton devils. I Liked it a lot!
I switched lights to sbreef 16 inch basic after that it finally opened up. I just moved from the sbreef light a month ago and it's still happy and opens all the time.

JumboShrimp

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Unless one actually goes to heck and deteriorates / wastes away, I’ve never had any leather that didn’t eventually adjust and open up. Of course, a nice medium flow will help just about any leather go through normal shedding. ;)

Back